Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vegetarian help

+4
MaryCourage
Natt
KuuLaps
BrowniesBeffy
8 posters

Go down

Vegetarian help Empty Vegetarian help

Post by BrowniesBeffy Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:48 am

Hello.
I have a few questions.

1. I've been a (almostvegetarian for about 6-7months now(I only eat fish). And I'm now starting to get concerned about my health. Friends of mine who aren't vegetarian says that I have to take vitamins and proteins and such. But is it necessary when I eat fish? I mean, I get a lot of proteins and vitamins from it. I eat it about twice a week. (don't hate me for being a vegetarian who eat fish, I don't consider myself fully vegetarian,only "almost".) What kind of vitamins do I need t take?

2. Of course my parents hate me for being a vegetarian, they eat meat all the fucking *sorry* time. Like today. Yesterday they ate fish, so that's okay. But anyway, how can I make them eat less meat? I've told them about the stuff that can happens if they eat way to much meat as they do.
How can I tempted them to eat more vegetarian food, so that I also can eat normal dinners sometimes?

3. What is important for a veggie to eat to not get health problems? I haven't gotten weak or anything after I became a veggie.

4. Do you have any good vegetarian recipes I can try out once? Not the ones who are waaaay to hard to make and buy products for :]]

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP MOONCHILD <3

btw, I do eat dinner, but not with my family because they eat way to much meat. They sometimes make vegetarian lasagna, rice and such to me, but I want to eat dinner with them sometimes and not alone. They did not make me not eat dinner with them when they eat meat, it's my own choice. And my parents do feed me, so don't think I don't get food or anything. I'm the one who eats the most here. I love chocolate.
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Vegetarian help Empty Re: Vegetarian help

Post by KuuLaps Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:01 am

I have been a vegan (ayurveda) all my life, because all my family is. I'm sick maximum once a year and my health is SUPER good. So is my parents' health and Liisu's as well (except one issue that has nothing to do with eating).
All I can say it's a right way to live.

I'm trying to answer to your questions.
1. It's bullshit that people think vegetarians or vegans don't get their vitamins if they don't eat meat.
It's a FACT that ONLY GREEN PLANTS CONTAIN ALL VITAMINS THAT PEOPLE NEED FOR LIVING. The ones that are present in meat (like vit B1, B2 etc) are also present in leafy green vegetables. So whoever tells you that crap, suggest them to study these things more.
If you eat properly (not only leafs or salad) you don't need to take any supplement, many supplements may cause more harm than do good.

2. You can't actually teach your parents or tell them to stop eating meat. But maybe cooking some proper veggie lunch and let them it this as well will be a good start for this.

PS, did you know that if you eat meat, you'll get the dead animal's karma on you as well? you never know how it was treated, do you?

PS2, all animals have sex- whether male or female. if you are a girl yourself and you eat e.g. pork, but that "pork" was male-pig (not sure about this English word), you'll eat in all his male genes. That means if you ever give birth to your own children, then don't be surprised to see that your daughter has too many hair on her body, or she is bodily very macho, her voice is too low etc...anything that's not girly. And that is all caused by eating in too many genes that you are actually not supposed to eat.
Same goes for men. Don't wonder why so many men act like women. And I don't mean anyone's sexual orientation here at all.

PS3, if you eat meat, you pay for animal killing.

3. Rice, veggies, fruits, buckwheat, semolina....you can make good things with these combinations.

4. I have lot's of good receipes. I only eat ayurveda, I try to find this awesome book online and I'll send the link.

PS, it's actually not good to eat cocoa, but I love chocolate as well and I never give up on eating it Razz

PS2, it's very silly starting to be vegetarian overngiht. You have to do these things step by step. If you have eaten meat all your life, firstly give up on e.g. red meat, then chicken, then fish....etc. You can't push it so fast. It would not do good on you.

You're on a right way, Beffy. Proud of you.
Ps, if you, anyone, think that I amde up all thsoe facts then no, I follow and read old Vedan books, all thanks to my parents.

If you have any questions...don't hesitate to ask.
KuuLaps
KuuLaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:05 am

if you eat fish, you are a Pescetarian
learn more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pescetarianism

you should be eating vitamins if you aren't eating the proper vegetables and fruit all the time. If you eat proper portions and a variety of un-cooked vegetables and fruits you should be ok. It might be good idea to have an iron supplement pill (sometimes this is in the daily multi-vitamin).

Listen to Kuulaps, she knows Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:12 am

I feel your pain. I've been through all of this whenever I try to go veg. (I've tried multiple times but I always fail! :'( )

1. Everybody says that vegetarians/ vegans always lack in health because of their dietary choices but that's not true you don't need to eat meat to get all the benefits of eating meat. (Did that make sense?) I've been anemic off and on my whole life so iron is always my main concern. From what you are saying it sounds like you are becoming anemic, it's no big deal, as long as you take an iron supplement you should be fine. Also you should look into B12 supplements. (I have no idea what B12 is but it's a common concern among vegetarians.) You should also take a multivitamin because it would be easier than looking for iron or B12 pills and they are good for your health. As far as proteins go you don't need to eat meat to get protein, nuts are full of protein and they are yummy. I don't know if fish has a whole lot in the way of protein and vitamins but it boosts your learning ability from what I heard!

2. I've run into this too. Try to explain to your parents EXACTLY why you want to be a vegetarian, there are more reasons than health, there are plenty of financial and enviormental concerns with eating a lot of meat as well. Also, try for a compromise. Just because your parents are having meat for dinner doesn't mean you can't eat with them. You could just avoid the meat and eat the side dishes or have your own meal with them. Also, there are "meatless meat" products that taste just like meat and you could ask your parents about getting those.

3. You should be fine as long as you take a multivitamin. But also, do NOT be a junk food veggie. Meaning you just eat potato chips and debbie cakes because they don't contain meat. That is just as unheathly as eating meat 24/7.

4. There are THOUSANDS of good vegetarian recipes. I haven't gotten around to experimenting with recipes but I suggest just getting a good vegetarian cookbook. Also, everybody says try Indian food. India has the highest percentage of vegetarians in their country so it's worth a shot!

Good luck! I. L. U. flower

the "meatless meats"

http://www.bocaburger.com/

http://www.morningstarfarms.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:32 am

honey, I want to help you but I don't know about it... and you know my opinion about food....
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KuuLaps Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:53 am

Chips are not considered as food Wink Plus many chips contain onion which is not allowed to eat if you follow ayurveda. If you eat green onion (leek) it's ok, but chips contain mostly E-s and all kinds of other crap.
Therefore eating junk food and considering yourself vegetarian is a bit odd Razz

I've never eaten any supplement or multivitamin although I've been vegan all my life, and my health is brilliant. so....conclusion..? Wink
KuuLaps
KuuLaps

Back to top Go down

Post by KuuLaps Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:22 am

KuuLaps
KuuLaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:47 am

OMG some of those look so good!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by KuuLaps Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:00 am

I've got 2 awesome books at home, but I'm at grannies right now so I can type the names of those books when I get home on Sunday. They're brilliant to have and everything TASTES just fantastic Smile
KuuLaps
KuuLaps

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryCourage Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:56 pm

I don't know if I'm much to help, but to consume enough proteins and vitamins you should eat beans, lenses, drink milk (theres lots of important vitamins in there!)
And to consume enough B12 you could eat Mozzarella, Halloumi (a kind of cheese), and Cottage cheese.
MaryCourage
MaryCourage

http://soundcloud.com/marycourage

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:39 pm

Thank you for your amazing help, Moonchildren <3

KuuLaps: I don't want them to eat meat, just to lower their consume of meat.
And OMG, that thing about getting a hairy girl is way to "relateable". I know a girl in Turkey who is terribly hairy. Her armpits and everything.. ugh. But she dosen't have a low voice :]

I've never liked meat, well except for sausages and burgers. But two years ago my appetite for meat got so low that I had problems eating it. But I ate like sausages and such. Beginning of 2010 my disgust for meat got even bigger, I started really caring about animals and such. In summer 2010, it all got worse. I got sick after eating chicken at a party. After that I've been hating meat. It has come naturally to me. So I didn't have any problem giving it up. But I love fishhhhh... ...... fuck it.
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by KuuLaps Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:59 pm

It's not bad that you don't like meat Smile It's probably because you never eat it in your previous life.
KuuLaps
KuuLaps

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonChildEve Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:49 am

If you're a vegetarian, maybe you should start growing your own vegetables! They're much tastier than shop-bought veggies, I know. For dinner last night I had fish (it was ever so delicious), home-grown salad and home-grown potatoes. I would consider that a vegetarian meal, and it was very tasty but very healthy at the same time. Maybe you could try that? And get your parents to try it Smile
MoonChildEve
MoonChildEve

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:47 am

We don't have a garden. But I've tasted homegrown vegetables. It's so good! In Turkey we have a neighbour who grows their own vegetables and such. Like everyone else in the village. It's very good! =)
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by KuuLaps Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:48 am

We grow veggies and fruits too Smile At least they're clean, not full of toxics.
KuuLaps
KuuLaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:20 am

I'm not a veggie, but I figured I may as well contribute -- sweetie, what you are is called a "pescetarian" and it's actually quite popular C: A lot of people exclude all meat except seafood and non-meat products from their food. I actually knew a girl in high school who was also pescetarian.

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:52 am

Oh, so there is a name for it ^^ Thanks for telling me Very Happy <3
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild_amarah Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:43 am

Hej.. okej,i think KuuLaps said everything: ) I'm not vegan,but vegetarian,and not wanting to sound rude,but eating fish isn't veggie..fish is an animal as any other ,sooo...well,but it's up to you and i'm not judging ,just spreading my opinion (':
Okej,well... just recommend u vegetarianism (:
and i'm neither into taking any pills or sth.,every friend of mine whose veggie takes extrapills,but well i never did and i'm alive!
moonchild_amarah
moonchild_amarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:02 pm

Pescetarian is considered another branch of vegetarian.

There is vegan, lacto-vegetarian (allows dairy), lacto-ovovegetarian (allows dairy and eggs), and pescetarian. Not all vegetarians are veggie out of a belief in animal rights; some people go veggie for health issues. So while pescetarians are separated from other vegetarians because they aren't as concerned with animal rights, they are still adhering to a modified diet based on reduced intake of red meat.

Pescetarianism is also considered a way of easing into vegetarianism.

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:24 am

moonchild_amarah wrote:Hej.. okej,i think KuuLaps said everything: ) I'm not vegan,but vegetarian,and not wanting to sound rude,but eating fish isn't veggie..fish is an animal as any other ,sooo...well,but it's up to you and i'm not judging ,just spreading my opinion (':
and i'm neither into taking any pills or sth.,every friend of mine whose veggie takes extrapills,but well i never did and i'm alive!

I'm considering to quit eating fish as well, but fish something I love. So probably when I'm older and when my body is fully developed I'll probably quit eating meat.
But yeah, I know that fish isan animal and it's not vegetarian eating it.. Razz

BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild_amarah Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:16 am

BrowniesBeffy wrote:
moonchild_amarah wrote:Hej.. okej,i think KuuLaps said everything: ) I'm not vegan,but vegetarian,and not wanting to sound rude,but eating fish isn't veggie..fish is an animal as any other ,sooo...well,but it's up to you and i'm not judging ,just spreading my opinion (':

I'm considering to quit eating fish as well, but fish something I love. So probably when I'm older and when my body is fully developed I'll probably quit eating meat.
But yeah, I know that fish isan animal and it's not vegetarian eating it.. Razz

Hej,but it's ok : )
No one forces you,and you know I had difficulties in quiting fish either,cause I loved sushi so much,but I quit and i don't feel like anything's missing,my mum makes sushi without fish,i dig it anyway : >
Hope u'll find the way and remember u're not forced,do what u feel like doing
moonchild_amarah
moonchild_amarah

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:31 pm

My parents would get so angry if I quit fish, they already hate that I don't eat meat. (Except for my dad, he's okay with it, but the rest of my family hates it)
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtles:] Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:54 pm

^^ what they said XD and you can also go to peta2.com for more info. Also I was 12 and went veggie overnight:) but for 2011 I went full vegan on day uno. Best choice ever!!Very Happy

Turtles:]

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtles:] Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:56 pm

Also there are MANY substitutes for meat and fish!!very delish and healthy!! You can find them in health food stores or the veg. Section of your market:)

Turtles:]

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:58 am

In Norway we have to use tons of money and we have to go to an asian store if we want tofu -.- It's so stupid. But only 1-2% norwegians are vegetarian, so I understand why...

They have a gluten-free-food section at the local mall in the supermarket, but it isn't anything vegetarian there. Only ecological food and gluten-free food.. They do have tofu, but it's supoer expensive.
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:09 pm

That's so weird! I live in a very small town in OHIO, of all places, and even our Kroger's has an AMAZING health food section with plenty of tofu and other meat substitutes. they have to or people will get very pissed off. Plus we have the responsibility of having they only Kroger's or Wal-Mart in the county, so we have to provide for everybody.

Back to top Go down

Post by YetiMoonchild Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:01 am

KuuLaps wrote:I have been a vegan (ayurveda) all my life, because all my family is. I'm sick maximum once a year and my health is SUPER good. So is my parents' health and Liisu's as well (except one issue that has nothing to do with eating).

1. It's bullshit that people think vegetarians or vegans don't get their vitamins if they don't eat meat.
It's a FACT that ONLY GREEN PLANTS CONTAIN ALL VITAMINS THAT PEOPLE NEED FOR LIVING. The ones that are present in meat (like vit B1, B2 etc) are also present in leafy green vegetables. So whoever tells you that crap, suggest them to study these things more.
If you eat properly (not only leafs or salad) you don't need to take any supplement, many supplements may cause more harm than do good.

2. You can't actually teach your parents or tell them to stop eating meat. But maybe cooking some proper veggie lunch and let them it this as well will be a good start for this.

PS, did you know that if you eat meat, you'll get the dead animal's karma on you as well? you never know how it was treated, do you?

PS2, all animals have sex- whether male or female. if you are a girl yourself and you eat e.g. pork, but that "pork" was male-pig (not sure about this English word), you'll eat in all his male genes. That means if you ever give birth to your own children, then don't be surprised to see that your daughter has too many hair on her body, or she is bodily very macho, her voice is too low etc...anything that's not girly. And that is all caused by eating in too many genes that you are actually not supposed to eat.
Same goes for men. Don't wonder why so many men act like women. And I don't mean anyone's sexual orientation here at all.

3. Rice, veggies, fruits, buckwheat, semolina....you can make good things with these combinations.

4. I have lot's of good receipes. I only eat ayurveda, I try to find this awesome book online and I'll send the link.

PS, it's actually not good to eat cocoa, but I love chocolate as well and I never give up on eating it Razz

PS2, it's very silly starting to be vegetarian overngiht. You have to do these things step by step. If you have eaten meat all your life, firstly give up on e.g. red meat, then chicken, then fish....etc. You can't push it so fast. It would not do good on you.

Ps, if you, anyone, think that I amde up all thsoe facts then no, I follow and read old Vedan books, all thanks to my parents.

Wow, that's amazing <3
I'm a pescadian? Hehe my memory's sooo short XD Well, a vegetarian who eats fish... But I only eat fish when I'm forced to by my parents.. I really don't wanna eat fish, but, in January I'm 18 and then they can't stop me.
YetiMoonchild
YetiMoonchild

http://www.aboutmoonchildren.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild_amarah Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:18 am

YetiMoonchild wrote:
KuuLaps wrote:I have been a vegan (ayurveda) all my life, because all my family is. I'm sick maximum once a year and my health is SUPER good. So is my parents' health and Liisu's as well (except one issue that has nothing to do with eating).

Wow, that's amazing <3
I'm a pescadian? Hehe my memory's sooo short XD Well, a vegetarian who eats fish... But I only eat fish when I'm forced to by my parents.. I really don't wanna eat fish, but, in January I'm 18 and then they can't stop me.

Oh,yesssss..sorry I even forgot u do >: ♥️ The smilie is for me having forgot it,not for the fact u are : D ♥️ Actually don't let ur parents force u,hun ;** You needn't eat any fish during the 15th-20th of July ; ) Well,jag älskar dig <3

About the recipes,i wanna try as well : )
moonchild_amarah
moonchild_amarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum