Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Short Story x)

2 posters

Go down

Short Story x) Empty Short Story x)

Post by WrittenInLove Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:46 am

Massie touched the water of the moonlit lake, watching the rippling effect dance underneath her delicate touch. She wasn't sure at all of what she was waiting for... but something had called her to this place in the woods. The wind whispered a song through the trees above her, swaying them to its chilling melody. She shivered slightly, not from the cold, from anticipation. Glancing up, she saw the dim light of the full moon shining through the canopy of quivering tree limbs above.
She realized this all made no sense. She'd woken up in the middle of the night with a strange feeling, something she couldn't explain. Then she'd crept out of her little house silently, being careful not to wake her mother or sister as she slipped out the creaky door and into the cool night air. She'd walked down the dirt path that led to her house from the main road, and veered off when she caught sight of the woods. That's where the feeling led her: deep into the woods where the shimmering lake was at.
Now she sat at the water's edge running her fingers over its cool, wet surface, and pondering what had brought her there.
Suddenly she heard fluttering nearby, like the sound of birds taking off. Massie glanced around excitedly. She had a feeling something amazing was going to happen. Nothing was there, however, and she returned to gazing into the rippling lake.
Something reflecting brightly off of the lakes surface then caught her eye. It was a small light, like a hovering torch lamp, and she spun around to be sure her mother hadn't found her. Her breath caught in her throat as she took in the sight before her, eyes going wide in astonishment.
A small fairy, casting pure white light out from it's fare skin and blinking rapidly at Massie with large green eyes. Her tiny translucent wings fluttered to keep her hovering in place, and her short white hair flowed around her little heart shaped face in the breeze. Massie held her breath as the tiny creature reached out with her hand and touched her face gently. The fairy's hand was cool and hot at the same time, and left a tingling feeling on Massie's skin where it had touched.
Massie let out a breath, and the little fairy blinked it's large green eyes once before it merely disappeared.
"Wait!" Massie called out into the night.
The fairy was gone.
She touched her skin where it was still tingling from the creatures light touch. It was warm.
Massie rushed home, slipping back in as quietly as she'd left. Her heart was jittery and her stomach was full of butterflies. She felt wonderful. She tip-toed into the tiny bathroom off the hall, and peered at her reflection in the mirror, gasping in excitement.
Where she'd been touched by the fairy were three small dots in one neat row.
"a blessing from a spirit of the moon," she whispered to herself, not sure of where the thought had come from, but positive it was correct.
That night when she lie back down in her bed, she sent up a thank you for the blessing she received, and promised to do the best she could with it.

It's not great but i was bored and thought i'd write something x]
Tell me what you think x) It's just a random story I thought up.
WrittenInLove
WrittenInLove

Back to top Go down

Short Story x) Empty Re: Short Story x)

Post by Iridescent_Revival_<3 Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:12 pm

nawwww that's such a gorgeous story!! the mention of wings made me smile and then the mention of 3 small dots made me smile even wider XD
Iridescent_Revival_<3
Iridescent_Revival_<3

http://thefaetoldmetodoit.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WrittenInLove Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:51 pm

haha Smile thank you Very Happy
WrittenInLove
WrittenInLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content