Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kerli on sexuality

+13
MoonChildEve
aline4away
tonenorway
Celi
Ragdoll*Bunny
Kaz
electric_rhino
ferdzzz
Sunnech
YetiMoonchild
TheLastSongbird
Krissy
out of the hollow
17 posters

Go down

Kerli on sexuality Empty Kerli on sexuality

Post by out of the hollow Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:43 pm

What is your opinion on gays, lesbians, & bisexuals?
I am tired of these labels. I wish the world would already be in a place where everyone is equally able to marry, adopt and live their life without having to explain themselves. Who cares who one sleeps with!

Is it true your second album is gonna be sexual? Cuz I saw the photoshoot annd it looked pretty slutty to me :/
No, my new album is not sexual at all.

Oh thank GOD it is not sexual. Ur like my ROLE MODEL!
I don't think there's anything wrong with being overly sexual...just I personally wanna communicate a different message.

What do you mean by nothing wrong with being overly sexual? I'm just curious as to what context you may have been thinking when you wrote that. Razz So excited for your album!!
I'm not gonna use sexuality to sell my stuff but I understand why it works for some artists. That's all. However, I find it funny how chicks wear no clothes and call it "female empowerment". Become the first female president and then say that u're empowering women.

I'm disappointed in this thing you said:"I hope I'll always have enough integrity to not flash my stash to the whole world.".Sexuality and nudity are natural and beautiful.The world should embrace that and be more comfortable with it."Slut-shaming" is bad
This was meant as no offense at all. I'm all for everyone doing whatever the hell they want...however, standing for integrity, love and unity as an artist, I don't think flashing my pussy on some website would be a good idea. I think it's a cheap way of getting attention...sorry... Nudity is beautiful, yes... I just like to keep it for people who have earned my trust. I don't like sexuality being THIS overexposed..it should be natural..people don't advertise themselves eating or shitting...why is there so much sex everywhere? It's just too much. And as we go more and more selling everything with sex, having it all over the place...more and more men suffer erection issues and a huge percentage of women are unable to orgasm? Why?
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Kerli on sexuality Empty Re: Kerli on sexuality

Post by Krissy Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:38 pm

OMG1 i looooooooooove kerli

That's why i repect her lot more then other female singers..I like the fact she doesn't use sex to sell her music.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastSongbird Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:07 pm

^ Me too. Though she's completely comfortable in herself and with her body, she doesn't feel she has to use that to advertise herself. She uses her heart and soul - who she is rather than what she is as a woman. That is truly awe-inspiring Smile
TheLastSongbird
TheLastSongbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:46 pm

TheLastSongbird wrote:^ Me too. Though she's completely comfortable in herself and with her body, she doesn't feel she has to use that to advertise herself. She uses her heart and soul - who she is rather than what she is as a woman. That is truly awe-inspiring Smile
same Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:48 pm

TheLastSongbird wrote:^ Me too. Though she's completely comfortable in herself and with her body, she doesn't feel she has to use that to advertise herself. She uses her heart and soul - who she is rather than what she is as a woman. That is truly awe-inspiring Smile

that makes her just pure awesome. Very Happy

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:23 pm

OMG! Like i've said before..Just amazing girly. She rocks...I just love how she doesn't use sex to sell the music. That's amazing.she has repect for herself and her body.Good rolemodel for young girls.

Back to top Go down

Post by YetiMoonchild Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:30 am

Agreed!
YetiMoonchild
YetiMoonchild

http://www.aboutmoonchildren.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:19 am

Only singer's with bad singing voices i think need to dress sluty.

kerli has a nice voice,Very beautiful and real nice.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:25 pm

what are your views on sexuality?
I think sexuality is sacred. My friends think I'm old fashioned but I really believe in sleeping with someone u love only and I'm not really into this "liberation" in pop culture.I don't think there's anything liberating about overexposing sexuality. I think it just shows a deeply rooted issue with sexuality. It's almost like perverted. I think sex and food in society are two things that should be just natural but we've turned them into something perverse by over focusing. Look at all these diet secrets headlines and eating disorders and stuff. And then all these "empowered" women who "don't need a man in their life" while they're crying their eyes out to close girlfriends because no man takes them seriously enough to stick with them. I think women should be sacred and beautiful and carry life and have respect for their body...and once they do....there are gonna be plenty of decent men who respect them as well.
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunnech Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:47 pm

wow Kerli.. is awesome,, wow... I lovve her.. she's very awesome.. wow.. ♥

Sunnech

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:07 pm

I agree with kerli.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:27 pm

kerli has a good point of view

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by ferdzzz Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:59 pm

Thats why I love her :')
ferdzzz
ferdzzz

http://www.twitter.com/ferdzzz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:39 am

me to me to

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:21 am

out of the hollow wrote:what are your views on sexuality?
I think sexuality is sacred. My friends think I'm old fashioned but I really believe in sleeping with someone u love only and I'm not really into this "liberation" in pop culture.I don't think there's anything liberating about overexposing sexuality. I think it just shows a deeply rooted issue with sexuality. It's almost like perverted. I think sex and food in society are two things that should be just natural but we've turned them into something perverse by over focusing. Look at all these diet secrets headlines and eating disorders and stuff. And then all these "empowered" women who "don't need a man in their life" while they're crying their eyes out to close girlfriends because no man takes them seriously enough to stick with them. I think women should be sacred and beautiful and carry life and have respect for their body...and once they do....there are gonna be plenty of decent men who respect them as well.

I agree with kerli a lot. Very Happy

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by electric_rhino Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:43 am

I think this belongs here:
Kerli, you are to naughty dressed up in your recent photoshoot. You know you have young fans right? Be careful next time, you don't want your young fans parents to not let them listen to your music or anything like that. Just saying.
At a time where every pop star out there is wearing a thong on stage, I'd say I look pretty innocent.

lol.
electric_rhino
electric_rhino

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:17 am

Wow, i love her view.
i think she's right and its great that she isn't that mainstream.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastSongbird Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:55 am

Did you see the racy pics of Demi Lovato that leaked? I think it's sad how all these Disney stars are becoming sluts. I think the reason that it doesn't happen to Nick stars is because these shows on Nick are real and don't pretend like sex doesn't exist.
First of all, just because someone is provocative on a picture, doesn't mean they're a slut. It's just a part of them that they don't usually show publicly. And then when they accidentally do, they get beheaded.
It's okay to be a slut in certain situations. Like every man kinda wants to see their woman be a bit of a slut and every woman needs to feel sexually wanted.
Sexuality is a great thing..it's just gotten all messed up i the media.
I just don't think the attitude towards sex is healthy in our society anyway. It's like over and underexposed at the same time. Everyone uses it to get attention when that's the same as using eating to get attention. Which, they do too...with all these how to loose 10 pounds in 5 days headlines. Very unhealthy attitude.
To me, in the ideal world, people would think of sex as something beautiful that goes hand in hand with love. In LA everyone is sleeping with everyone and some of my friends kinda think I'm totally dry when it comes to all of this because I wanna be traditional about it and I don't see it changing for me. I'm all for experimenting and having fun with it, I just don't wanna do it with random people who don't really care about me. Like, if you're fucking someone else, you're definitely not fucking me. I only share my body with people who have earned it and who deserve it. Period.
I wish sexuality would be more natural. No need to supress it, no need to flash it.
I know some of you guys reading it a really young so I hope it's okay if I express myself honestly about this.

Exactly! If only everyone truly thought about things like this, like Kerli does, instead of jumping to the conclusions the media feeds us.
TheLastSongbird
TheLastSongbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:37 am

Well i agree with her about the sex part. Very Happy That's a gift that's specail and it should e given away to a person you really love and care about!..........well thats what i think. Very Happy

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunnech Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:53 am

I agree too..
Your body and sexuality is very special.. just given a very special peson, that you love and appreciate, not only use you.. ♥

Sunnech

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:10 am

Sunnech wrote:I agree too..
Your body and sexuality is very special.. just given a very special peson, that you love and appreciate, not only use you.. ♥️

Yup! True!! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaz Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:52 pm

god.

Kerli is the big sister I never had.
Kaz
Kaz

https://www.youtube.com/user/Allisonratesvideos?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragdoll*Bunny Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:06 pm

There are so many artists who used to be all for the music. They bitch about how other artists and people take off their clothes and that artist acting like they are better. Then years later they do the same as though what they doing is different. I am glad Kerli is as respectful as she can about topics like these.

Ragdoll*Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Celi Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:57 pm

totally agree
Celi
Celi

Back to top Go down

Post by tonenorway Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:08 pm

she`s my rolemodel, this is a part of why she is that cheers
tonenorway
tonenorway

http://5thngs.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by aline4away Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:32 pm

I can not stand how some people exaggerate about natural, making subjects absurdly undervalued, or just to sell more and appear. This is so ridiculous.
If a person is sexy because it feels good, great. That's what she feels, is part of what it is. In this sense it is totally acceptable and beautiful. I consider an art form that should be valued, not scorned and despised.
aline4away
aline4away

http://everevolution.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonChildEve Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:45 am

This is why Kerli is my role model. She doesn't go around wearing nothing like most popstars - Kerli doesn't need to do a nude photoshoot to get attention.
MoonChildEve
MoonChildEve

Back to top Go down

Post by LightThruDarkness Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:01 pm

i love her views on sexuality, she is by far the best role model anyone can have
LightThruDarkness
LightThruDarkness

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonChildEve Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:45 am

LightThruDarkness wrote:i love her views on sexuality, she is by far the best role model anyone can have

^^This
MoonChildEve
MoonChildEve

Back to top Go down

Post by ndahl21 Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:00 am

It's nice to actually see a female role model who thinks similar to me(:
It's not liberating to walk around showing your stuff to everyone. Kerli is exactly right. I love her<3
ndahl21
ndahl21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaoru Himura-Takarai Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:10 pm

I love how straight-forward she is and how she respects herself and criticizes the way society messes up with sex and uses it to sell stuff.
Kaoru Himura-Takarai
Kaoru Himura-Takarai

http://houseofthesilent.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:57 am

it's difficult to express your views without offending people who disagree or sounding preachy, but kerli does it really well! and it's encouraging to know that there's someone like her who is beautiful and sexy AND wants people to see her for more than just that. she's not ashamed of having the complete package and that kind of self confidence is so cool! <3 <3 <3

Back to top Go down

Post by AennilLinnEa Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:21 am

These opinions she has is like one of the things with her that I fell for in the first place. <3

AennilLinnEa

Back to top Go down