Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confession Throne

+3
stargirlstrike
Lilee
Little Phoenix
7 posters

Go down

Confession Throne Empty Confession Throne

Post by Little Phoenix Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:58 pm

Thank all the spirits for this rant and her finally speaking up how she feels about Utopia and everything else
It all makes sense now, doesn't it?
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

http://www.myspace.com/littlephoenix93

Back to top Go down

Confession Throne Empty Re: Confession Throne

Post by Lilee Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:22 pm

I've missed this side of Kerli, and I'm glad she's finally able to be herself like this.

I agree! I was really relieved when she said Utopia was like a detour. I think we were all a little confused with her direction back then. Something about it didn't feel true, but you never grow as an artist if you don't experiment. So I'm glad she feels like she's at a good point now Smile
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by stargirlstrike Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:27 pm

It's so nice to see a heart-to-heart like this, especially in regards to Utopia. Definitely agree about it not feeling true, so I'm glad to hear her finally say that she really wasn't feeling the music during that time. It's great that she picked up the new skills and is able to use them now for art that she's truly passionate for.

I'm also excited to hear more behind the scenes for the video. I liked hearing about some of the symbolism that's in it, so a while video on just that sounds fantastic!
stargirlstrike
stargirlstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Iridescent_Revival_<3 Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:58 pm

I'm still in the middle of watching this but it makes me sooo happy. I was struggling to find other artists with a similar feel to their music and, to be honest, you can only listen to her older music so many times without wanting more. But then Feral Hearts came out and it's so much better than I was expecting I love you and by the sounds of it, it's a better indicator for where her pathway is heading, so that's reassuring Smile
Iridescent_Revival_<3
Iridescent_Revival_<3

http://thefaetoldmetodoit.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kiran Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:54 am

Ah, have finally gotten around to watch this! Kerli looks so cute with those feathers in her hair. Some things that stood out to me:

- trusty magical iPhone, lol.
- first question is really good. 'I'm over trying to please these people who don't really care about me...' You do your thing, Kerli!
- 'By the time I released Utopia, the life was beaten out of me...' This made me so sad.
-'Is innocence something you start out with, or is it something you end with?'  Hmm.
- How do you stay connected? Hmm.... My opinion would be, to make a little space in the city for yourself where you can put in things which reflect nature. Where you can recharge a bit, until you can return to the forest. I keep pinecones and rocks collected from rivers up north around the house. I know the question mentioned without taking something, but I think if there are things you can take without damaging nature it would be ok.
- Warm milk and honey, yum.
- About Feral Hearts: 'This was the most fun videoshoot I had ever done in my life...' 'I looked totally hammered..'
- Kerli spacing out during the last question, haha.
- 'Don't get me wrong, these were not comfortable outfits.' I was thinking that too, like in the Maleficent movie, some sets of the horns were heavy according to Angelina Jolie.
-I think the ballerina story she is talking about, it is actually The Red Shoes, by Hans Christian Andersen. But the main character is not a ballerina.
kiran
kiran

http://soundcloud.com/spirare

Back to top Go down

Post by AennilLinnEa Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:21 am

I also felt relieved when she started talking about Utopia being a detour. I always thought her older stuff was more pure and better Very Happy

AennilLinnEa

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmott Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:03 pm

I missed this side of her - fearless self expression without giving a f*** about those who criticize or judge.

It seems like she's gone full circle. Sometimes it takes a serious detour to come back from to remember ones true identity. I'm happy she had the courage/will to try the american dream, because it helped her grow.

As long as she's true to herself and fellow moonchildren I'll always be happy and supportive, regardless if I like the upcoming music or not.
Emmott
Emmott

http://kerli.friendhood.net/t4056-making-moonmarks

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:15 pm

Emmott wrote:I missed this side of her - fearless self expression without giving a f*** about those who criticize or judge.

It seems like she's gone full circle.  Sometimes it takes a serious detour to come back from to remember ones true identity.  I'm happy she had the courage/will to try the american dream, because it helped her grow.

As long as she's true to herself and fellow moonchildren I'll always be happy and supportive, regardless if I like the upcoming music or not.

This is exactly how I feel Smile
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

http://www.myspace.com/littlephoenix93

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum