Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Kerli album 2016

+30
stargirlstrike
Little Phoenix
Lilee
KJ
Iridescent_Revival_<3
Chemical
t0m
Liisu
phantom1701
ferdzzz
AennilLinnEa
SilverSwirl
moonchildmick
Al.Tenshi
Alcyone
blue pink skies
TanyaMinxy
Zeanith
moonchildaustin
zeeke starz
Natt
KuuLaps
mimi
Leeni.
EetuJaKeijut
Up♥Up♥Up
Street Halo
ShadowViolin
Krissy
AlannaBubblegoth
34 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

New Kerli album 2016 - Page 5 Empty Re: New Kerli album 2016

Post by Krissy Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:49 am

See you just all called us "Stupid". Yes please do grow up.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchildaustin Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:50 am

oh my god please tell me where i called you stupid because i literally never said you were stupid is this a dream

moonchildaustin

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:54 am

What i was saying before is. INEVER here Kerli's music on the radio in Canada. I'M shocked they don't play her songs because they sound so "Mainstream".

How is anyone expect to have a opinion if you or most people on the forum can't Respect ones opinion.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:55 am

Read above!! Rolling Eyes

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:57 am

i think you think "this song is generic/mainstream" is an opinion its really not

yes!!! "u dont know what chillstep is so ur stupid" is exactly what im saying!!! A+ reading comprehension skills congratulations u win

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchildaustin Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:58 am

arguing =/= disrespecting someones opinion & preventing them from having an opinion

i didnt call anyone stupid lmao actually littlephoenix said "here we go again, we are so stupid cuz we dont know what chillstep is" when i never ever said that so i said what you quoted in reply to them and what i said was actually a thing called sarcasm

moonchildaustin

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:28 am

I guess it's hard to tell with you.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Street Halo Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:27 pm

moonchildaustin wrote:again, what isnt generic?? couldnt a 20 dollar bimbo with a record deal, good producers & cowriters, etc. make any genre? chillstep isnt an obscure label, i literally explained what it was lmao yall have no chill

Generic is what you hear everywhere. And no, 20 dollar bimbos are probably not making any decent music. ''Professional'' producers and writers can only get you so far. Sad reality, I know. For the record, ''chillstep'' is an obscure label.

*Sighs*

The song is not mainstream. It sounds mainstream.
Please stop using the term ''chillstep''. Just stop. This forum is not a college fraternity.
Length has nothing to do with being mainstream. 6 minutes can easily be cut into, let's say, 4 minutes. No problem at all.
Both Kerli/SevenLions songs have very obvious structures. No clue what you're going on about with that...

Also, a lot of Lorde songs are really unique and ten times as interesting as anything on Utopia or (I'm sorry) Worlds Apart. Why would you put her into the same musical group as Kesha and Katy? (They are both very strong and powerful artists btw)
Street Halo
Street Halo

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:46 pm

I can't get Lordes song out of my head. UGH. lol

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:49 pm

Street Halo wrote:
moonchildaustin wrote:again, what isnt generic?? couldnt a 20 dollar bimbo with a record deal, good producers & cowriters, etc. make any genre? chillstep isnt an obscure label, i literally explained what it was lmao yall have no chill

Generic is what you hear everywhere. And no, 20 dollar bimbos are probably not making any decent music. ''Professional'' producers and writers can only get you so far. Sad reality, I know. For the record, ''chillstep'' is an obscure label.

*Sighs*

The song is not mainstream. It sounds mainstream.
Please stop using the term ''chillstep''. Just stop. This forum is not a college fraternity.
Length has nothing to do with being mainstream. 6 minutes can easily be cut into, let's say, 4 minutes. No problem at all.
Both Kerli/SevenLions songs have very obvious structures. No clue what you're going on about with that...

Also, a lot of Lorde songs are really unique and ten times as interesting as anything on Utopia or (I'm sorry) Worlds Apart. Why would you put her into the same musical group as Kesha and Katy? (They are both very strong and powerful artists btw)

Well Said! I'M so sick of talking about this now. LOL

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by stargirlstrike Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:47 pm

Why is everyone still being so harsh? I'm so confused Sad

I can't stand Lorde though lol. Her songs all sound the same to me. Like I said, not everyone likes the same music and that's okay. Some people are going to be more appreciative of certain genres and some are not. Those are both okay. It's alllll okay, guys. XD
stargirlstrike
stargirlstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:50 pm

Same with me. I can't stand that song of Lorde's. Her music is played to much. LOL

I agree people on here can be harsh with comments.

Yes! Everybody loves there own tyoe of music.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchildaustin Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:12 pm

by structure i mean like how most songs on the radio go verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/chorus or chorus/verse/chorus/verse/bridge/chorus, but worlds apart i cant even really tell what it is lmao and yes worlds apart could easily be shortened to 4 minutes but that doesnt negate the fact that its still over 6 minutes long, and mainstream songs actually do tend much shorter than 6 minutes actually a lot of popular (again, not necessarily pop) songs are barely 3 minutes long and if length is irrelevant im not sure why you pointed out that songs could easily be shortened

i know lorde makes some good songs i actually have pure heroine on my phone

could someone please elaborate on how worlds apart sounds mainstream??? if its not length or structure, is it drum samples or chord progressions or something else?? what is it

and im not gonna stop saying chillstep until you stop saying mainstream because id rather sound like a pretentious dickwad than an uninformed pretentious dickwad

moonchildaustin

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:07 pm

Here we go again. Can't you just respect some ones opinion and move on. Agree to disagree.?

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchildaustin Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:09 pm

yes

moonchildaustin

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:47 pm

stargirlstrike wrote:Why is everyone still being so harsh? I'm so confused Sad

I'm sorry about this though, I really am. :/ But I just lost it. Had to say what I said. Again, I am sorry you guys about this argument and bringing it to the Table of Love. I hope you understand why I did it and if it bothers you just skip it please. :/

Also, moonchildaustin, stop insulting people please. You are being very rude. None of us insulted you (apart from me telling you that you should grow up, which I do regret, but I just lost it at that point). Calling us uninformed pretentious dickwads was just... rude. Neutral
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

http://www.myspace.com/littlephoenix93

Back to top Go down

Post by stargirlstrike Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:22 pm

It's definitely frustrating when someone else can't understand your opinion. Sometimes it's hard to keep down hostility when you're not feeing understood.

So, whether or not this argument continues, I'm just gonna go back to the new music in general. I hope Kerli's new music sounds more like Keep it Close. There's a lot of focus on Worlds Apart but I think KiC has more of that magical sound. It reminds me of an intro/outro for a dark fantasy anime. I like her stuff with Tydi alright too. I'd be okay with that direction Smile
stargirlstrike
stargirlstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:37 pm

I'M Sorry for even saying my opinion. Feel like i started the whole thing. Anyways sorry too for telling you to "Grow Up" but i was finding you too be rude & you were just starting to get under my nose.

I'M not really too keen on Her new music too be honest. I do like worlds Apart a little. But still not ken on Keep it close. I will give her new Music a chance. Wink

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchildaustin Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:54 pm

when did i call anyone an uninformed pretentious dickwad and why is everyone apologizing for having opinions

moonchildaustin

Back to top Go down

Post by stargirlstrike Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:18 pm

No one is apologizing for their opinions. They are simply apologizing for the way in which they were expressed.
stargirlstrike
stargirlstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:33 pm

stargirlstrike wrote: I hope Kerli's new music sounds more like Keep it Close. There's a lot of focus on Worlds Apart but I think KiC has more of that magical sound.

Keep it close has a little bit of something dark, so yes, I'd prefer that one too. Just to put some more goth in the bubblegoth. Utopia was to bubble. I liked her cover of Nature boy, so I'd like to hear something like that. And I would like her voice to be less... edited. Lately, her vocals are just too "electronic" (if you know what I mean)
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:34 am

I wasn't apologizing for my opinion. Very Happy

Yes! Kerli music be more better if it sounded more "goth" instead of this bubble gum feeling.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Street Halo Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:55 am

moonchildaustin wrote:by structure i mean like how most songs on the radio go verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/chorus or chorus/verse/chorus/verse/bridge/chorus, but worlds apart i cant even really tell what it is lmao and yes worlds apart could easily be shortened to 4 minutes but that doesnt negate the fact that its still over 6 minutes long, and mainstream songs actually do tend much shorter than 6 minutes actually a lot of popular (again, not necessarily pop) songs are barely 3 minutes long and if length is irrelevant im not sure why you pointed out that songs could easily be shortened

i know lorde makes some good songs i actually have pure heroine on my phone

could someone please elaborate on how worlds apart sounds mainstream???  if its not length or structure, is it drum samples or chord progressions or something else??  what is it

and im not gonna stop saying chillstep until you stop saying mainstream because id rather sound like a pretentious dickwad than an uninformed pretentious dickwad

Yeah. It's certainly not one of those 3 minute eurovision songs, but I still wouldn't go as far as to say that it's anything complicated. I'd say there's a focus on the "why are we worlds apaaart?" and the rest of the song sort of feels like a build-up. I'm no musician though so...

Length is irrelevant. Tons of songs in the 80s/90s were over 8 minute long songs that were just edited for the radio. The same could be done with Worlds Apart. Remove unnecessary parts and bam you probably have a 3 minute goodie. (actually I think I'm gonna try that out) Truth be told, I think both K/7S songs are way too long, but that comes down to one's opinion.

Yes, Pure Heroine is a great album. Made by an artist almost twice as young as Kerli, although I'd say Love Is Dead comes close. Razz

As for why WA sounds mainstream? It just does. The whole song sounds like something Youtube would give me if I searched for "female vocals dubstep" or "chillstep" (lol) or "melancholy dubstep" - the list goes on. It's not radio mainstream, but it's definitely something that could catch on to people or maybe something that would be played in the club idonno.

You're free to disagree.

Finally, how is anyone here an uninformed pretentious dickwad? Are we uninformed because we didn't know something as bizarre as "chillstep" existed? Are we pretentious because we think electronic is sufficient to describe WA? I suggest you look up the meaning of pretentious asap. Are we dickwads? Nope.

Off topic, my apologies if I sound harsh. I'm not trying to cause any drama Smile x

Street Halo
Street Halo

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:33 am

Thank you, Thank you!! Street Halo Very Happy Very Happy

I couldn't agree more with you. Hope now this topic can be laid to rest. Razz

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by stargirlstrike Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:20 am

Agreed, Krissy. Hope this argument is over. I don't suppose anyone has heard of the phrase "beating a dead horse"...

So, when I think of a dark-sounding electronic music I think of Crystal Castles. Of course, I hope whatever new music we do get is unique, but I can't stop trying to find things to compare to >_< I want to hear Kerli's new music and think of dancing in a forest instead of in a club.
stargirlstrike
stargirlstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:27 am

stargirlstrike wrote: I want to hear Kerli's new music and think of dancing in a forest instead of in a club.

Yes!!!
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by phantom1701 Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:49 am

we can be happy if we get anything new
phantom1701
phantom1701

http://www.nightwish-croatia.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:18 am

phantom1701 wrote:we can be happy if we get anything new

hahaha yes, especially after she announced that she is planing a 6-months-soul-searching. xD
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Street Halo Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:26 pm

stargirlstrike wrote:Agreed, Krissy. Hope this argument is over. I don't suppose anyone has heard of the phrase "beating a dead horse"...

So, when I think of a dark-sounding electronic music I think of Crystal Castles. Of course, I hope whatever new music we do get is unique, but I can't stop trying to find things to compare to >_< I want to hear Kerli's new music and think of dancing in a forest instead of in a club.

Crystal Castles is a great example of original electronic music. If Kerli did anything similar to (III), I would die of joy lol.
Street Halo
Street Halo

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:51 pm

Key word: "If we get any new music" Very Happy

Yeah! Any bit of music is good.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by stargirlstrike Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:25 pm

Yeah, new music at all would be nice haha. Sometimes I think that maybe she actually isn't that into making her own music anymore. She seems to be a lot more passionate about writing. Which is really cool, but it'd be nice to know what we should even be expecting anymore.
stargirlstrike
stargirlstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcyone Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:56 am

I don't know, it's always taking too long to get music from Kerli. I used to be a big big fan, now I just pop on this forum from now and then. I wished she were bigger, 'cause she's talented.

Alcyone

Back to top Go down

Post by phantom1701 Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:12 am

http://instagram.com/p/tY7Bh7SRN6/?modal=true

bitch please, utopia is EP, not album
but hurray!!!!! NEW ALBUM IN 2020!
phantom1701
phantom1701

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:33 am

hahahahaha 2020! good one Very Happy
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchildaustin Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:09 pm

still cant believe katy perry's best friend is house-sitting for kerli... so happy to hear that she's writing album #3 though. i guess we'll consider album #2 as a musical miscarriage and move on.

moonchildaustin

Back to top Go down

Post by KuuLaps Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:11 am

so she basically said on FB that she is not going to do dance music tracks longer...
huh? I don't understand how someone can change her mind so often.
KuuLaps
KuuLaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:27 am

KuuLaps wrote:so she basically said on FB that she is not going to do dance music tracks longer...
huh? I don't understand how someone can change her mind so often.

no dance stuff? I can't wait actually Smile

I don't really mind dance music, but very often I find that message of those songs are shallow. In fact, the message is often non-existent. Dancing in the club, blah blah... There is nothing wrong with that, don't get me wrong, it's just not something I think Kerli should do in her life. I think that she is so much more than that. I'd prefer to listen to her music at home and feel some deep stuff, not at some club, dancing and having fun. Let Lady Gaga (or who ever) write that kind of music.

P.S. No hate towards Lady Gaga, I listen to her stuff in club, while dancing and having fun. Though I don't do that often. Razz
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:31 am

I remember back in her formspring days she said her album wouldn't have any dance music. I have a feeling it was her label that pushed/ forced her in that direction with Utopia.
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by phantom1701 Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:36 pm

ofc it was label
phantom1701
phantom1701

Back to top Go down

Post by phantom1701 Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:02 am

Kisses from the studio. Working on one of the most important songs I've ever written I think...Creationist pt. 2

from instagram
phantom1701
phantom1701

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:34 am

I HATE the song Creationist, but even I'm excited to hear this xD I'd take Creationist over another dance song any day.
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:01 pm

I don't hate creationist, but it's not one of her best works I must say... but yes omg can't wait...............................
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by stargirlstrike Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:00 pm

I absolutely love the Creationist! It has some of my favorite lyrics from her. I'm so excited.
stargirlstrike
stargirlstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by phantom1701 Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:09 am

phantom1701
phantom1701

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:02 am

whaaaaaaat is going on!!!!!!!!!!!?????????? Very Happy
"Yeah I just started again...trying to go back to the roots...like scribbling, crossing things off, trying to bring in those organic punk rock vibes." (she's talking about writing lyrics down on a paper not computer)
OMG this is something
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Al.Tenshi Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:06 pm

As Kerli already said, new album sounds more like the 'Love Is Dead' and one of the songs that will be in it is like "The Creationist pt2". Given this, group management Kerli's SECRETS facebook decided to create a "project" to give a buzz for her before her new album was released. This project include: sharing, spotify and other ways. If you want to help enjoy on:
Facebook: groups/KerliSecrets/

Al.Tenshi

Back to top Go down

Post by phantom1701 Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:44 am

phantom1701
phantom1701

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:18 am

maybe video to Raindrops?