Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MoonChildEve ~

2 posters

Go down

MoonChildEve ~ Empty MoonChildEve ~

Post by MoonChildEve Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:18 am

HI! here is my zero gravity contest entry Smile
unfortunately, i kinda misplaced my camera's memory stick, and it has all the pictures of my entry on it. so the pictures will come a little bit later along with an explanation of my entry Smile

MoonChildEve ~ Zg_bmp10

Ok then, onto the fun part!
For my creative part of the entry, I decided to make a little book/scrapbook. I honestly don't know why I decided to do this, all I know is that I think it was the right descision. I made two pages for each of my main 'zero gravitiy' feelins, which were music, life/creation, art, and here - the Table of Love. Each page of this little book I made very detailed. The writing in it I tried to make very poetic to add a bit of charm to my entry. Here are the pictures (I resized them to make them big enough for the forum, although the pictures on the right were cut down a bit when I uploaded them));

MoonChildEve ~ Zg_ent10

I tried to make all the pages in the book as 'zero gravity' as possible. The main colours I used were blue, pink and violet. Because the pictures are quite small and you can't really read the writing, I typed it all up beneath along with a bit of meaning behind what I wrote;

music is what makes a person complete. just the sheer beauty and creativity music holds seems to last a lifetime. the raw truth and meaning behind every set of lyrics is what sets music apart from any other form of creativity. when we listen to beautiful music, we have this feeling that we really can’t explain. we could call this feeling our zero gravity. we can really feel the emotion behind music – agony, rage, love, hope. i think music is a really magical thing. it’s fantastic.

Music makes me happy – in fact, it makes everyone happy. Whether your favourite type of music is classical, or rock, or pop, it has the same energy and power behind it. You can think ‘wow, somebody actually composed and performed that’, or you can think ‘wow, somebody actually took time over this song – the rhythm, the beats, the lyrics’. And I think music could be considered the world's zero gravity, because everyone can relate to at least one song, and that makes music beautiful. Music can make people feel so much better about themselves. The writing behind the treble clef is the lyrics of 'Zero Gravity'. To me, this is my idea of a beautiful song, because Kerli put meaning behind the lyrics, even if it's not apparent to us. Music has a kind of beautiful mystery and curiousity to it.

'‘you only live once. But if you do it right, once is enough.’

many say life is like a story. it has a beginning, and an end. it has a plot, with twists and turns that you never expect. it has rises and falls, and the main characters that help shape the story. if you make a mistake, you have to deal with it, because you can’t just act like everything is fine. but then when you’ve succeeded in something, you can stand up and say – ‘i did that.’
'

I put this little bit about life in because I think it's underrated. The majority of the world walk around doing their daily business without thinking 'woah. i'm actually a living, breathing creature. isn't that magical?'. I wrote about how life is like a story, because I think it is true. In our lives we have tragic moments and moments where we feel weightless. Our friends and family, our wishes and beliefs, these all shape our lives. Everday we are changing the world. We might not think it, but we are. Even a simple, kind gesture can change somebody's day from bad to good. And then their good mood affects other people, etc. I love life so much. I love the people I have met, and the people I have talked to. I love it when people smile, and laugh, because it shows that there is more than misery and pain in the world. Some of the best moments in my life have been realising what a wonderful place the world is!

the splashes of colour. the tone and the texture. the imagination. the paintbrush glides over the canvas like water. i share this zero gravity with countless numbers of people. i share the enjoyment of art with the world. i think that art is one of the few things in the universe that people just cannot hate. they love the pure controversy of it – how you can just paint something and not be criticised or hated for. and the best thing about it is that art can be anything you want it to be.

Oh, where do I start with this one! Like music, I share this zero gravity with the whole world - art. I often get upset by simple little things, like when I see someone crying, or I see someone hurt. But then I feel happy when I see people smiling and laughing. Every emotion a person can feel can be transformed into something beautiful. I feel so overwhelmed when I see the beautiful things that people have done through art. To the left of the bit of text is a picture of a moon fairy that I found from the internet. I added this because I thought it was amazing, and it kinda links in with how you can't be criticised with art. Art can be elegant and graceful, but still packed with emotion and belief. This is why I chose the picture of the fairy. Even a simple picture can evoke an emotion someone never knew they had. I had to choose art as one of my 'zero gravity' because I love how anything can be art, and how every piece of it can produce a beautiful feeling or thought.

thoughtful, kind, compassionate people are quite hard to come by. many people in the world now have been influenced by magazines or reality tv shows and they have developed either envy or greed through it. greedy and envious people often tend to think about themselves a lot and not anybody else, which is why i respect people with brilliant souls who genuinely care for other people, and not just themselves. i suppose trying to find people like this brought me here, to the table of love. thank you.

I made these pages a few days after Valentines day, and I have to say they are definitely my favourite pages! I just want to say all of you are brilliant. I don't think I've ever talked to such thoughtful, understanding people in my life, which I think is why I added you as a zero gravity. I feel like I can tell you everything and you'll understand. And I love talking to you about anything else, too. How anything you say can just brighten my day. Just a simple thought, or a comment, can make everyone happy. You've all taught me so many things, and I felt it my duty to thank you for it. Wow, I don't even know how to put my thoughts into words right now!

And I think zero gravity is anything you want it to be. Bravery, courage, love, understanding, compassion - anything you want. And I think we can share our zero gravity, too. Music, art, unity...our zero gravity can be anything we want it to be!

~Eve
MoonChildEve
MoonChildEve

Back to top Go down

MoonChildEve ~ Empty Re: MoonChildEve ~

Post by out of the hollow Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:39 pm

Congratulations Eve!! You certainly deserved it. Very Happy Beautiful, thoughtful, thorough, and inspiring. I love you
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum