Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

out of the hollow

3 posters

Go down

out of the hollow Empty out of the hollow

Post by out of the hollow Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:43 am

My zero gravity entry is dedicated to something that is so powerful to me -
a rush better than any drug.
A gift better than any other you can receive.

It's for that feeling you get when an idea pops into your head, fully formed, so powerful you know it can't be just your own.
This is what I love. It's what I live for. To be an instrument of something greater than myself. To have something to create! I guess it sounds kind of weird but creating things is actually when I feel the most spiritually connected.

So divine inspiration is my chosen theme <3 And I did an image manipulation to try and illustrate that moment of inspiration.

out of the hollow Inspiration-is-zero-gravity

This took me awhile, I knew I wanted pictures of a girl flipping her hair because it was the only physical gesture I could think of to visually imply inspiration, but I couldn't find any already taken to ask for permission to use so I had to take my own. Of myself, but only because I'm the easiest "model" to hire. I shot them in my backyard and edited them up to make this composite image - it's all just pictures of me flipping my hair up (and the blossoming tree in the background) but it turned out as I had hoped, looking like fire around [my] head. So it's kind of supposed to be a more earthy version of the visual people usually associate with getting an idea, a light bulb coming on, and with a gesture to convey getting 'struck' by it.

I also used purples because purple is the color associated with the third eye chakra, if you're familiar with that kind of thing... In this context purple is kind of a color of spirituality and insight. And for me the best inspirations are the ones that are so positive and along those lines. Smile

Oh yes, and for the second part Smile
out of the hollow Entry
psssssttt.. feel free to add me on Facebook here if you like.. I need more moonchildren in my life on a regular basis Sad
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

out of the hollow Empty Re: out of the hollow

Post by Natt Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:02 am

I love your entry, is so beautiful and awesome
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

out of the hollow Empty Re: out of the hollow

Post by out of the hollow Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:34 am