Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice + Opinion topic: Do what you love or what you hate for more money?

+2
Krissy
Amarine2008
6 posters

Go down

Advice + Opinion topic: Do what you love or what you hate for more money? Empty Advice + Opinion topic: Do what you love or what you hate for more money?

Post by Amarine2008 Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:37 pm

So we all have this problem in our lives and I'm kinda at a point where I'm like. Do I buy the camera and go to photography like I want. Or do I skip this deal because the thought of the camera ever paying for itself may take a few years. So my question to you. Ignore my personal sitch for a bit.

Would you stick with a job you hate that pays more. Or would you goto a job that you love that pays just enough? and why? Or come up with your own solution. Like doing both or finding a middle. Give me at least a sentence or two. No one worded answers and thank you in advance Very Happy
Amarine2008
Amarine2008

Back to top Go down

Advice + Opinion topic: Do what you love or what you hate for more money? Empty Re: Advice + Opinion topic: Do what you love or what you hate for more money?

Post by Krissy Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:58 am

Having a job shouldn't be about money. You should have a job that you REALLY enjoy you know. BUT sometimes you GOT to take a job you don't care for if you need money.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Advice + Opinion topic: Do what you love or what you hate for more money? Empty Re: Advice + Opinion topic: Do what you love or what you hate for more money?

Post by Little Phoenix Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:26 am

If the job you love gets you enough money, I'd go with that one.

Unfortunately, I think that nowadays you need money too be happy. Not only money, thank God, but still... :/
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

http://www.myspace.com/littlephoenix93

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaMinxy Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:25 pm

Economy in my country is awful, there are many people without job, so here people do jobs that they dont like for money.
I have 2 part time jobs since Im going to college. And one of these 2 jobs I dont like but I need money.
If you have choice between job you like with little money and job you dont like with a lot of money its not easy to choose, it depends on how much money you need for food, aparment, clothes...
I have this part time job I dont like but its because its only for a short period.
After I finish college I will do something I like, and that would be computers since Im studying IT Smile
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

http://tanyaminxy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarine2008 Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:45 pm

People say there's two sides to this debate. The flowery do what you want not what you hate. And the realistic, do whatever it takes to live. To me. I think that you shouldn't settle for a lifelong job that you can't stand. But also right now it's hard to decide what I want to do with my life. Every career I want to go into requires a pre-investment. And I don't want to spend 500 USD on something that I may not succeed in.
Amarine2008
Amarine2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:51 pm

true

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:28 am

I honesty hope to just marry rich and not work. I like money, I'm not going to lie. It's nice being able to buy myself and others things without worrying over the price. I can't image enjoying any job, so I'll probably end up going for what I can make money doing. I hate all my friends who have glamorized 'being poor but doing what they love' because what they end up doing is mooching off me. They not better or worse for doing that,they just want a different life than me
Quincy
Quincy

http://madremonstere.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:45 am

Ya. I like money too.To be honest growing up with noto a lot of money. I now to think of it.I wanna be able to buy whatever i like too,

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:16 am

I would go with the middle...Like doing a job you can live with (being happy most of the time) and where you also get good money.
Not do a job which you absolutely hate and everyday and everytime just feel so bad and get a lot of money.
Not do a job which is your "absolutely dream job" where you don't get the money you need. If you know you really want to do this and the money situation will get better this might be a solution.

If you don't have the money to live, and I don't mean surviving with living, you can't be really happy too...because you have to worry all the time.

Hope you get what I mean...
Midnight
Midnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:17 am

I Get it.Good point.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:45 am

Midnight wrote:I would go with the middle...Like doing a job you can live with (being happy most of the time) and where you also get good money.
Not do a job which you absolutely hate and everyday and everytime just feel so bad and get a lot of money.
Not do a job which is your "absolutely dream job" where you don't get the money you need. If you know you really want to do this and the money situation will get better this might be a solution.

If you don't have the money to live, and I don't mean surviving with living, you can't be really happy too...because you have to worry all the time.

Hope you get what I mean...

I get what you mean, I never want to be in a job I absolutely hate, for me it only has to be tolerable. Being poor sucks and I have no intention of living like that again
Quincy
Quincy

http://madremonstere.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:50 am

Living poor NOT fun.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarine2008 Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:11 pm

Living poor is not fun, but honestly I put way too much value in money. Anything over 20$ kills me to spend. But people do always say if you have a hobby chances are you can make money off of it. May not be much, but at least it won't get in the way of your day job haha. I like the idea of having the money to spend. But it takes so much effort to spend it after not having the ability for a time haha
Amarine2008
Amarine2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:14 pm

aww.I can understand that,

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarine2008 Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:55 pm

Thanks haha
Amarine2008
Amarine2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:01 am

Very Happy

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down