Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fabulous Experience of Getting a Tattoo <3

+6
Noomio
Krissy
BrowniesBeffy
JazzyTrazz
TanyaMinxy
Creativesally
10 posters

Go down

The Fabulous Experience of Getting a Tattoo <3 Empty The Fabulous Experience of Getting a Tattoo <3

Post by Creativesally Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:35 pm

I tried to check if there wasn't already a topic about this, I hope not.

Here's my question: Do any of you have tattoos?
If so, write the name of the tattoo shop where you had it done,
show pictures and explain the story and meaning behind it.

And answer random questions about it:
1. Did you find it painful?
2. How much time did it take?
3. Were you nervous and/or scared?
4. Would you do it all over again if you had the chance?
5. Any funny stories about this day??

I am very interested in knowing what motivates people to get a tattoo.
I can't wait to see your responses! cyclops

Sally
Creativesally
Creativesally

Back to top Go down

The Fabulous Experience of Getting a Tattoo <3 Empty Re: The Fabulous Experience of Getting a Tattoo <3

Post by TanyaMinxy Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:50 pm

I dont have any tattoo but I will some day <3

I want to get tattoo of 2 drawn kittens, one white with pink bow on head witch will be me and the other kitten is black which is my boyfriend, and there will be letter N hanging from black kittens's tail (N is first letter of my boyfriends's name).
Im not sure if I will tattoo this but at this moment I like it. I couldnt described it good, but its better than it sounds Smile

I also want little owl cause Im obsessed with them, I started loving owls cause of Harry Potter.

I also want something related to moonchildren but I dont exactly know what. Smile

I cant do tattoos as long as I live with my parents, one day when I move out I will do tattoos Smile

Im so sorry I couldnt helped you but I really like this topic Smile
Good luck with getting tattoo Smile
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

http://tanyaminxy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

The Fabulous Experience of Getting a Tattoo <3 Empty Re: The Fabulous Experience of Getting a Tattoo <3

Post by Creativesally Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:10 pm

Thanks it's very interesting! I actually have one tattoo myself! I'll post a picture soon Smile

TanyaMinxy wrote:I dont have any tattoo but I will some day <3

I want to get tattoo of 2 drawn kittens, one white with pink bow on head witch will be me and the other kitten is black which is my boyfriend, and there will be letter N hanging from black kittens's tail (N is first letter of my boyfriends's name).
Im not sure if I will tattoo this but at this moment I like it. I couldnt described it good, but its better than it sounds Smile

I also want little owl cause Im obsessed with them, I started loving owls cause of Harry Potter.

I also want something related to moonchildren but I dont exactly know what. Smile

I cant do tattoos as long as I live with my parents, one day when I move out I will do tattoos Smile

Im so sorry I couldnt helped you but I really like this topic Smile
Good luck with getting tattoo Smile
Creativesally
Creativesally

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzyTrazz Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:54 pm

I got mine at Tumba Tattoo, I don't have a good picture of it though but I'll show you when I'll get one! It is a dragon climbing up on my arm, pretty big too - it covers 2/3 of my upper left arm haha.

Not too painful, except when it came up to my shoulder so it started to reach the actual bone. It was really painful :C but otherwise it felt more like a cat clawing my arm.

Four hours.

Of course I was nervous and scared, my head was filled with "OH MY GOD WHAT AM I DOING?!". But I've wanted this tattoo since I was 5 years old (I've been infatuated by piercings and tattoos since that age when my older brother and sister came home with them, my brother with the tattoos and my sister with her belly piercing) so I was more excited than anything.

Dude, I have at least two more tattoos planned. So hell yes. It's like what they say - once you gotten your first you just want more.

Well, my best friend came to pick me up about one hour before I was done and just looked at it and said "Hey...is it really supposed to be a puppy?". Both the tattooist and I just stopped and looked at her while she was laughing her ass off at her own, cruel joke.
JazzyTrazz
JazzyTrazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:06 pm

Yes. But not how you would think really. When it's being done it feels like a cat scratching you at first. It's not HORRIBLE but it's not pleasant either. The longer you sit and the more the artist must go over the spot for shading and etc. the more it will hurt. Also the healing part afterwards I think is the worst part, rubbing lotion into it stings so bad!

It depends on what you're getting and how quickly your artist works! My first tattoo was small and only took about 15 minutes. It'd advise going small first in a place that isn't too sensitive.

I get anxious every time I get a tattoo. The first time I was really nervous and scared, but I think that helps a little bit because it makes your body have adrenaline so it doesn't hurt as bad I think. Always make sure you eat something about 1/2 hour before you go and bring some water and juice with you!

Haha yes of course. It is an addiction like they say!

Last edited by secretpersonfp on Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:37 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:56 am

I don't have any tattoos, but I'd love a small tattoo on my wrist. Like moonmarks or something. I'd also like a portret of a rabbit on the flat on my hand. It'd probably be a terrible experience to get it, but whatever. Sounds cool xD
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Creativesally Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:31 pm

I actually have one small ankle tattoo myself (a heart with a spiral) and being the biggest wuss ever about pain, it was actually really not that bad.

1. Did you find it painful? No, it was nothing. The worst part was actually when the tattoo artist was rubbing a washcloth on it to clean it: I swear it was just like having someone step on your bruise XD

2. How much time did it take? Around an hour, not really long.

3. Were you nervous and/or scared? I was REALLY nervous, I could barely sleep, and I was shaking, since I really don't tolerate pain well... but I was relieved after and surprised it didn't hurt me more! I thought I would cry the whole time, but nahh

4. Would you do it all over again if you had the chance? Absolutely, I am in love with it!

5. Any funny stories about this day?? When I was waiting for my turn, some girl came in and just like that, decided to have her tongue pierced... She didn't seem to have thought about it for more than 5 seconds, really... It was just... strange to me.

I highly recommend visiting the place beforehand and thinking about what design you want FOR A VERY LONG TIME! Do not rush into it!
Creativesally
Creativesally

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:13 am

well hope you get one.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzyTrazz Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:50 am

Creativesally wrote:I highly recommend visiting the place beforehand and thinking about what design you want FOR A VERY LONG TIME! Do not rush into it!

THIS!

I can't stress how IMPORTANT this is! Too many people get tattoos without thinking about it for very long. The best way to piss me off is to ask people on the internet about what tattoo you should get. Because only YOU should be the one to decide such a thing. If you don't know what you want, wait until you know.

A tattoo is a permanent mark, you have to know what you are doing before getting it. And you also have to be REALLY sure that you will still like it in a few years. I have friends that are tattooing their current fandom onto their body, and I personally don't know if that's such a good idea - because you don't know if you're still going to be as passionate about that game/cartoon/blaaah in a few years.

I usually tell people that they should really think about what they want, and have that certain decision of the tattoo in their mind for AT LEAST a year. If you still want it, go ahead.

Also, don't force a meaning or some kind of symbolism onto a tattoo. It doesn't need any sort of symbolism. My dragon doesn't mean crap, except that I love dragons and always will. But my next tattoo - which is going to be a butterfly - is going to symbolize freedom and evolution. So don't feel bad if your tattoo doesn't have any special meaning, while your friend's or a relative's is dedicated to their dead father or...whatever.
JazzyTrazz
JazzyTrazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Noomio Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:44 pm

Thank you Creativesally for posting this topic! Very Happy

I have wanted to have my ankle tattooed for nearly 5 years, but I am so afraid of pain and especially needles that I have never really planned to do it. Reading everyone's posts relieved me a bit. But I will still wait as I am not sure about what I want to be tattooed.
I have been thinking about having an owl (like Tanya Laughing) or an elephant as they are my favourite animals, or the shadow of a cat.

Or even a symbol that is really important in the story I am planning to write and that I created when I was 13. It seems to be the most likely option, because this story is a very important part of myself (I have never spent a day without thinking at least a little about it), and even if I get bored of it, I am sure I will remember it with fondness when I will be old. Thanks to that tattoo, my story will stay with me forever (well, not that I will forget it).

A friend of my parents is a tattooist, she is very kind and a good artist, and I have already seen her workplace (years ago) so I think I will ask her to do it. Smile
Noomio
Noomio

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaMinxy Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:54 pm

@Noomio Thats so cool, I would like to read your story Smile

And my favourite animals are owls and cats Smile Im sure for this cats - boyfriend tattoo but Im not sure about owl cause I got this idea few weeks ago, and if I wanted it still after few years then I will do it Smile

In Serbia people are not open minded when it comes about tattoos and piercings Sad Thats why I will have tattoos on hidden places Smile or places that I can cover easily on some events Smile
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Forace Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:25 am

I have two tattoos; a dragon head on my right arm and a flowery design on my left leg. The flowery thing I drew myself, while the dragon is someone else's design, but I intend to continue the dragon head somehow myself.

They were inked by my mom ^^ She has/had a tattoo business called Musta Ruusu (Black Rose).

Pictures I don't have at the moment, but I guess I could take them some day... As for their meanings, the dragon head has no meaning, it's just my favorite fantasy creature :) The flowery design has no meaning really, either... Other than it has red lilies in it. Lily in Finnish is similar to my name (lilja, Silja). Red, because that's my favorite color besides black (which is the dominant color of my tattoos, ofc). It's curly and pretty, which is something I wanted to have on my leg xD The inspiration I got from stargazer lily, and the tattoo design you see if you google it. The universal meaning for lily tattoos depends on their color; white is for purity and red/pink for sexuality/procreation/femininity... And I'm fine with that, though I wasn't thinking about those ^^

Inking the arm didn't hurt that much. Except near the end, when the skin is really irritated. It just felt like someone kept stabbing with a knife instead of needles, but it was nothing I couldn't handle ^^ The leg tattoo hurt a lot more; the skin is very thin and bones are pretty near. Plus, the design isn't small. But, I endured it nonetheless. I really had to fight against reflexes to pull my leg away xD

I can't remember, both took about an hour or two.

Maybe a little when I got the dragon head, since it was my first one. Mom made it for me on my 18th birthday. The flowery thing is about a year and a half old, and I wasn't nervous at all; I was so sure I wanted this picture, even though I designed it in less than an hour xD

I have to... My tattoos are a bit faded, and probably crackled. The one on the leg, I mean, I can't be sure since I'm not that flexible so I could see it better xD And I've been thinking of getting a third one; a black cat! Because I love cats and I love our black little fat bastard Roope :3 I just don't know yet where to put it..

Nothing funny about inking the dragon, but while my mom was inking my leg, I started singing "does not huuurrt! lalalala!" when it DID hurt :B

The dragon head I thought about for a long time, but I was always sure I wanted it. As for the flowery thing, it was a quick decision... Me and my fiancé went to visit my mom one day and I just decided I want another tattoo... Then I drew it on a piece of paper, made a couple of different versions of it, and I liked the result in the end. My mom inked it the next day. And no, I don't regret getting it; it's pretty and unique. No other person has it :) I also requested from mom that she would not ink it on anybody else, either!
Forace
Forace

http://forace.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonChildLuis Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:36 pm

I have a dragon embracing a wolf. The symbolism is within the pose and the figures themselves.
•Dogs are my life, they mean everything to me.
•Dog symbolize loyalty among other things while the dragon symbolizes Wisdom and Nature. Loyalty is one trait that I value and also one I hold myself to. Nature is very important to me, remember that all life is from Mother Earth.
•The pose symbolizes my relationship and closeness to dogs and their importance.
• The two images also symbolize Realism and Fantasy; it can also be interpreted as there being 2 side to everything, Ying and Yang.
• The wolf symbolizes myself, while the dragon symolizes my other side.
-Wolf being my loyal, personable, loving side.
-Dragon being my creative, wise, reserved side.

Yes, there were some spots that were absolutely excruciatingly painful and the rest was just pain.
5 hours
Excited
Noooo, but I have about 5-7 sessions left
Not in particular.
MoonChildLuis
MoonChildLuis

http://www.myspace.com/siberian777

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzyTrazz Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:48 pm

I just need to get this off my chest, since I see more and more people around me (both on the internet and irl) that gets random tattoos without thinking it through properly.

I know we are all young, we are supposed to do stupid things and mistakes. But a tattoo is so much more than that. Not because of the symbolic meanings some tattoos have for some people, but because it is something permanent. Something that will stay with (on) you your whole life. Unlike maybe a piercing that you can heal anytime and the small scar it leaves will heal eventually.

Sure, you CAN get rid of a tattoo with laser - but the treatment is more expensive than the tattoo itself was and it is much more painful. And it will leave ugly scars.

What is my point with this? Well...just raging for a little bit. I think people need to take some kind of responsibility test before they get inked, so they're sure they know what they're doing.
JazzyTrazz
JazzyTrazz

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:29 pm

I've got an ankle tattoo and then I've got a tattoo on my foot.

The ankle one did not hurt really.. but I was 14 so i can't really remember it. the foot one i had for my 18th birthday and that did hurt. all those little bones etc. but i love it and i couldn't see myself without it so.

my sister and i are going to get a tattoo together - its gonna be so special. i already have a design as well that we're gonna get.
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaMinxy Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:36 pm

Wow, thats awesome, I really want a tattoo...
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChiyoLuxuria Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:00 pm

The Fabulous Experience of Getting a Tattoo <3 396230_361938690485229_100000073036807_1497521_487925852_n

and I have one on my collar that I don't have a clear picture of yet.

My wings took about 4 hours. It kind of hurt but it wasn't that bad. If I could do it over I probably would have done the design better but it's not that big of a deal because I did something that I knew I could get touched up later.
The one on my chest is the symbols for Capricorn and Leo together. It was only the touch up that hurt because I lost weight and I could feel it on my collarbone.
ChiyoLuxuria
ChiyoLuxuria

https://www.facebook.com/ChiyoLuxuria

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaMinxy Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:06 pm

Its beautiful :3
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChiyoLuxuria Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:54 pm

I have a lot of work that needs to be done to my back and about 14 more tattoos I want. lol
ChiyoLuxuria
ChiyoLuxuria

https://www.facebook.com/ChiyoLuxuria

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down