Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ball jointed dolls (or Super Dollfie)

+2
MoonChildEve
MaliceinWonderland
6 posters

Go down

Ball jointed dolls (or Super Dollfie) Empty Ball jointed dolls (or Super Dollfie)

Post by MaliceinWonderland Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:01 pm

I was wondering if anyone else owned ball jointed dolls (or Super Dollfie/Dollfie Dream). I found out about Kerli through balljointed dolls, someone posted her Walking on Air video on the bjd forum, Den of Angels, and after seeing them again in her Tea Party video I became an instant fan. I think people who see them, think of them as a waste of money due to the hefty price tag, and I am definitely a cheap person, I have expensive hobbies but I make most of my own things. When you look into how much the raw materials cost and how much effort goes into crafting each doll it definitely adds up, it's not the type of doll you pluck off the shelf, they aren't mass produced like regular plastic dolls, each doll is made with the highest quality. I think it is very very worth if you really love the hobby. I own 5 and a half (I also own a few Pullips too), but I've been collecting them for 8 or so years so it's actually not a lot compared to most people.

MaliceinWonderland
MaliceinWonderland

http://dapperbitchmalice.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Ball jointed dolls (or Super Dollfie) Empty Re: Ball jointed dolls (or Super Dollfie)

Post by MoonChildEve Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:54 pm

i certainly WANT to own one. very much! but they are ever so expensive Sad
MoonChildEve
MoonChildEve

Back to top Go down

Ball jointed dolls (or Super Dollfie) Empty Re: Ball jointed dolls (or Super Dollfie)

Post by JazzyTrazz Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:48 am

I've had two MSD-sized from DoD (I do not recommend them though, their dolls look NOTHING like the pictures and they're stringed so hard they have pretty much only two poses with their legs - sit and stand. All in all their quality is pretty bad from my and other's experience), but I sold them both because I lost interest.

But a lot of my friends have them in all different sizes. It is certainly a funny hobby if you are into photography and sewing.

My best friend's doll, Damian.
http://dayviews.com/worldofours/493176888/ (you can find pictures of her other dolls too if you figure out how to get around)
JazzyTrazz
JazzyTrazz

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonChildEve Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:47 am

the first one i saw that i really wanted turned out to be the most expensive! i did loads of calculations to find out if i saved this much of my pocket money per year how long it would take me to buy her. it was a lot of money!
MoonChildEve
MoonChildEve

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzyTrazz Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:30 am

Eve, where did you find it?
JazzyTrazz
JazzyTrazz

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonChildEve Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:49 pm

JazzyTrazz wrote:Eve, where did you find it?
i think it was on the VOLKS USA super dollfie site. some of the dolls are $700!
MoonChildEve
MoonChildEve

Back to top Go down

Post by MaliceinWonderland Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:03 pm

The first doll I bought was really inexpensive (about 250 dollars) but I love him (I got him from Resinsoul and he's 70cm), though I plan on buying him a new body because I hate his jointing system. The second one I got is from Soom, he is 80cm and he cost me about 645 dollars, (I paid for him through layaway). I also own 3 Msd sized bjd and 1 tiny, they're from Fairyland. They all cost me about 400 each, except the tiny because he's just a head, feet and hands, he had yellowed so the owner sold him to me for 40 bucks, I just have to buy his body.

String problems can always be fixed by replacing or slackening the elastic, I have to do it about once every month for my Resinsoul boy because he's is floppy as all get out, I've never had to restring my Soom or my Fairyland dolls, but I'm sure I will have to soon
MaliceinWonderland
MaliceinWonderland

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzyTrazz Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:11 am

MoonChildEve wrote:
i think it was on the VOLKS USA super dollfie site. some of the dolls are $700!

Ah, I was a bit worried that you fell in love with one of Soom's famous monthly dolls, since they're so limited they're CRAZY expensive.

A friend of mine has four though... I don't know how she manages to buy them. But she usually but limited dolls and sell them for the double price later to people who desperately want them.
JazzyTrazz
JazzyTrazz

Back to top Go down

Post by MaliceinWonderland Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:05 am

Soom's Monthly dolls are so beautiful, I have a Mecha Angel but I'm always saving up for a MD...though I can't bear to pay 1000 bucks for one.
MaliceinWonderland
MaliceinWonderland

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonChildEve Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:24 am

some Soom dolls are quite cheap compared to some other bjd's, like the volks dolls.

Also, what would you recommend as a starter doll? My mother doesn't want me having BJDs because she thinks they're way too expensive and that I'll damage them. I want to convince my parents that I can be totally responsible of a BJD, so hopefully they'll say that I can spend my money on BJD stuff later.

I mean, knowing me, I'll probably only buy one or two in a lifetime. And if I don't feel the connection with them I could always sell them to someone who really wants them.
MoonChildEve
MoonChildEve

Back to top Go down

Post by MaliceinWonderland Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:24 pm

A good starter doll would definitely be a Resinsoul/Bobobie or an AOD

http://www.bobobie.com/

http://www.aoddoll.net/index.asp

both companies sell through http://www.junkyspot.com/

which is my favorite dealer. Aod's generally have really good jointing systems while bobobies and resinsoul dolls need a little maintenance, which is perfect because it teaches you how to take care of your dolls faster. As wonderful as my Soom doll is, he is high quality but he came perfect so I barely have time to touch or "bond" with him, meanwhile my Resinsoul doll came with bad elastic and terrible jointing, I wound having to fix him so much that now he's my favorite doll, he might not be worth a lot but I put so much love, time and customization into him that I would never sell him, ever.

It just depends on what you want, if you want a doll that you don't have to do much with an AOD is the way to go, but if you like tinkering and messing with your dolls a Resinsoul or Bobobie doll is perfect.

If you perhaps like the bjd aesthetic but prefer not to have to deal with the maintenance of keeping a resin doll, I suggest a Hujoo or an Obitsu (sold through Junkyspot) they are both like bjd (Hujoo are made of regular plastic, bus still need elastic, faceups, wigs and eyes) (Obitsu have inner skeleton and do not need elastic, but faceups,wigs and eyes are still needed).

MaliceinWonderland
MaliceinWonderland

Back to top Go down

Post by ChicaLuna Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:09 pm

For some reason I find to creepy. Although I did buy another doll the other day that was creepy lol.
ChicaLuna
ChicaLuna

https://dedomhnaigh.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonChildEve Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:54 am

there are so many dolls on AoD...but Rao, a Mini bjd, is just perfect!
going to look at some reviews for AoD's service, like when it arrived, did they reply to messages etc and i'm going to wait until more things come back into stock, like wigs and outfits because there is no outfits at the moment
MoonChildEve
MoonChildEve

Back to top Go down

Post by MaliceinWonderland Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:41 pm

Oh, AoD never has any accessories, wigs or clothing, never. I've been watching the site for years and have never seen them post anything but dolls. You could also try looking for the doll you want on ebay, if junkyspot doesn't have it the AoD ebay sellers will. I have a friend who has two AoD dolls she purchased from ebay, and they have always come in pristine condition, with free wigs and eyes and a custom faceup if you ask. Usually if you type in AOD and then the name it will pop up.
MaliceinWonderland
MaliceinWonderland

Back to top Go down

Post by jayson526 Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:45 am

i have a few dolls comming soon or at least i hope soon XD
i bought them from dollzone
jayson526
jayson526

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzyTrazz Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:13 am

jayson526 wrote:i have a few dolls comming soon or at least i hope soon XD
i bought them from dollzone

Dollzone has lovely dolls, but there is one tricky thing with them - the tops of their heads are shaped slightly different than other dolls so it's going to be hard to buy wigs from other stores.

I don't have any personal experience with them, but my friend who had one told me this when I told her about a doll I was interested in there a couple of years ago. But other than that they're apparently amazing to work with.
JazzyTrazz
JazzyTrazz

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonChildEve Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:47 am

the seller on ebay is called wa20091122, isn't she/he? they have 99.8% positive feedback.
i found a doll-love doll and she's £125, which i think is quite cheap looking at some other dolls!
MoonChildEve
MoonChildEve

Back to top Go down

Post by MaliceinWonderland Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:57 pm

I had a doll-zone, but I sold it to my friend because I couldn't bond with him, they're really lovely dolls. I plan on buying one of their 70cm bodies to replace my resinsoul boy's body.

I've never heard of the company doll-love but they seem to be a good company. Alot of companies make affordable dolls now, like Aod, Bobobie/Resinsoul, also Fantasy doll and Abio Angel (sold only on ebay) make affordable bjds in that range. There is also a few bjd companies in america like Delilah Noir and MIMtoy (but they're are an acquired taste because they have roundish undefined faces and immature bodies like porcelain dolls unlike the look asian ball jointed dolls have.)
MaliceinWonderland
MaliceinWonderland

Back to top Go down

Post by jayson526 Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:34 pm

i wouldnt buy delilah noir they are very mean people i bought one of the dolls and she came in broken and even the wrong doll and it took over three months to get them to return my money even after i sent the doll back...and they still send me bills ((which makes me just return to sender with nasty words on the bill)) now the main parent company is easy to deal with i buy porcelain dolls for my mother all the time using them i think its just once you became a jerk in the company they send you to delilah noir.
jayson526
jayson526

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonChildEve Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:00 am

ok, although my mother isn't keen on me having a bjd, my dad says i can buy whatever i want. i have loads of stuff to sell and i'm earning £20-£30 a month. if i ask nicely and behave well my dad might just pay for the shipping!
excitement!
MoonChildEve
MoonChildEve

Back to top Go down

Post by jayson526 Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:18 pm

wow good love eve XD hope you get a beauty of a doll
jayson526
jayson526

Back to top Go down

Post by MaliceinWonderland Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:53 am

MoonChildEve wrote:ok, although my mother isn't keen on me having a bjd, my dad says i can buy whatever i want. i have loads of stuff to sell and i'm earning £20-£30 a month. if i ask nicely and behave well my dad might just pay for the shipping!
excitement!

Oooh good luck, I hope your first doll is everything you hope it to be Smile
MaliceinWonderland
MaliceinWonderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:11 am

instersting looking dolls.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by MaliceinWonderland Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:16 am

jayson526 wrote:i wouldnt buy delilah noir they are very mean people i bought one of the dolls and she came in broken and even the wrong doll and it took over three months to get them to return my money even after i sent the doll back...and they still send me bills ((which makes me just return to sender with nasty words on the bill)) now the main parent company is easy to deal with i buy porcelain dolls for my mother all the time using them i think its just once you became a jerk in the company they send you to delilah noir.

I haven't heard many nice things about Delilah Noir, I generally try not to be a brandname snob, especially since I think Volks is overrated and all my dolls are from Korea and China, but I've never actually liked any of the American dolls at all. Delilah Noir dolls are the prettiest of the American bjd but the customer service is terrible, Bishonen House doesn't appeal to my personal aesthetic (I like my boys androgynous looking), and Goodreau dolls are just about the ugliest things I have ever seen. I think it's nice that Kerli had them in her Tea Party video but I've seen goodreau dolls in real life and they look rushed, almost unrefined and unfinished compared to the majority of asian ball jointed dolls. ABJD are so detailed and meticulously handcrafted that it seems like putting Goodreau dolls in the same category is a joke.

how do you compare something like this
Ball jointed dolls (or Super Dollfie) Goodreau_rusty1 and this
Ball jointed dolls (or Super Dollfie) ABJDFriedaFoyer

to this
Ball jointed dolls (or Super Dollfie) Code_no.02_4 or this
Ball jointed dolls (or Super Dollfie) LTF_Kara02
MaliceinWonderland
MaliceinWonderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down