Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ever had someone steal your name and photos on facebook?

+7
javieljones
lyndseyjoy
BrowniesBeffy
JazzyTrazz
TanyaMinxy
Krissy
Pan
11 posters

Go down

Ever had someone steal your name and photos on facebook? Empty Ever had someone steal your name and photos on facebook?

Post by Pan Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:31 am

I recently found out, that someone stole my name, and photos.
I reported her, but if you know facebook, stuff like that takes forever. Plus you never know if they will actually take it down.

What's worse is I have no clue who it is. I made my stuff private....But it could be someone on my friends list. I recently deleted basically anyone I don't know. Or people I know I can't trust.

She's making people believe I'm a slut, and that I do pot.
I'm not, and I don't.

I don't know if this is really the right place to post this, but some positive encouragement or to talk to some people who have had this problem before, would be nice.
Anxiety is kind torturing me right now.
Pan
Pan

Back to top Go down

Ever had someone steal your name and photos on facebook? Empty Re: Ever had someone steal your name and photos on facebook?

Post by Krissy Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:41 am

That's really bad. Hope you find out who did that. I think maybe some one got mad that you deleted them and that's why they did it.Never happen to me

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Ever had someone steal your name and photos on facebook? Empty Re: Ever had someone steal your name and photos on facebook?

Post by Pan Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:47 am

I didn't start deleting people till I found out about the page..
And most of the people I deleted probably won't realize it.. It was mainly guys who went to my old school, whom I haven't seen in like 5 or 6 years.

Luckily there's only two people I know on her friends list.. And they're kinda acting as my secret moles..
but at the same time I'm scared because she has like 260 people I don't know added. If she were to piss some off enough to come looking for me....Dx
Pan
Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaMinxy Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:56 am

This sounds familiar to me. There was this girl who stole my picture, she had a different name but my pictures, and my friend sent her inbox if she doesnt delete my pictures that we will report her. And she deleted them. So it all ends great.
I think you should do the same. Let your friends send her inbox that you will report her, and she might delete it.
Just try. Wink
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

http://tanyaminxy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:59 am

That's good advice!!

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pan Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:02 am

My mom added her [before getting blocked by her] Telling her to stop doing all of it. Even mentioned the fact I have two big brothers, [ one of which in the army.] and that she was going to report her if she didn't.
All she ended up doing was deleted the comment, and blocking her.

Before all that I commented on her saying she's fake, all she said was ' no ur fake ' then changed her stuff to private.

It is good advise, just unfortunately it had been tried and didn't work. Dx
Pan
Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaMinxy Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:10 am

Wow. That person is really persistent. Just tell all your friends to report her, when she get many reports, I hope fb will shutdown her profile.
My friend Milica had fake that told her friends to report Milica telling them that Milica is fake, so fb deleted Milicas account. Sad
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pan Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:14 am

I have my status telling people to report anyone other then me with my name and photos..
And on my boyfriend's profile he has the link to her page telling people to report her.

Dx Omg, that sounds horrible!
Were they online friends that reported her?
Pan
Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaMinxy Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:18 am

Im not sure, I just know that fake person set up to fb delete Milicas account. Crying or Very sad
I dont know what else you can do, just to wait to people report her I guess. :/
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pan Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:24 am

I wish waiting was my strong point..Aha..
Anxiety really sucks. It puts my stomach in knots and it's hard to eat.

Thanks for the advise though. :\

Oh right. I forgot to mention she also stole my artwork.
Neutral I'm an artist.
Pan
Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzyTrazz Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:35 am

Contact the police. I've heard about cases like this before and it was even brought up on Dr. Phil at a point.

What that person is doing is illegal.

Facebook IS fooling around with the Copyright-laws. BUT that is identity-theft.
JazzyTrazz
JazzyTrazz

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:15 am

I agree with JazzyTrazz. Contact the police. At school it has been presentations where people talk about what identity thieves and things happening on the internet, like writing shit about another person. And they say if someone steals another identity, in this case yours, you have to contact the police.

I hope everything goes over very soon!
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:44 pm

i agree,if it comes down to that you need to

good luck

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndseyjoy Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:30 pm

That happened to me. i just found the account yesterday, only it was tumblr.

They had been stealing facebook photos of me for months, and hundred of people had messaged this person saying really creeping things..
She also posted to naked photos , claiming to me me. Which of course they werent, because I wouldnt not do that ever.. :S
it was really scary. having someone using your photos for months, talking about sex, and fooling around with people. She was reported, and taken down this morning. it was really scary. I called the police.
lyndseyjoy
lyndseyjoy

https://www.facebook.com/lyndseyjoypederson

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:33 pm

now,thats creepy

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by javieljones Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:37 pm

Oh man >___< I've never stumbled across anyone using my pictures before, thank God.
javieljones
javieljones

http://www.myspace.com/javieljones

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:29 am

i dont think anybody would want to steal my photos LOL
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:31 am

mimi wrote:i dont think anybody would want to steal my photos LOL

Mimi you are pretty!!

I don't think anyone would want to steal my photos either.

Well.

Scratch that.

Maybe my two stalkers(they're not actually stalkers, but they are these two guys who have huge crushes on me ^^)

Anyway, I say you report them, and if that doesn't work, call the police. That's technically identity theft, and it's really scary.
Riley
Riley

Back to top Go down

Post by KuuLaps Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:26 pm

My sister had a fake account on Orkut like 2 years ago...I guess it was someone who knew her who did it. She found out, wrote to that person and then she/he deleted it.
KuuLaps
KuuLaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Pan Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:29 am

Neutral She stole my proof picture and edited it.

Someone said that I couldn't report it to the police unless they are harassing me? Or saying 'bad things' about me?
I'm not sure what could be considered those things.

I don't know what to do anymore.
I've lost like 4 pounds from the stress. I can't get myself to eat much more then once a day. I don't have an appetite for much lately.
I sound so lame. :\
Pan
Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:34 am

Contact the police anyway. She/he is still stealing you identity.
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarine2008 Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:38 am

I've had this same issue with other websites....Ive had friends say I saw someone with your pics the other day. but they never remember the screen names :/ because I usually stick to one profile. I don't like keeping track of multiples. I would actually contact facebook themselves instead of just reporting her. and i hope everything turns out well Smile
Amarine2008
Amarine2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Pan Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:29 am

As far as we know, the account got taken down today. =D
No one can find it, so unless she literally blocked all my friends and stuff.. It's gone. <3
Pan
Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:02 am

Make a new account and see if the account is taken down or not, just in case Razz
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:31 am

can you post it? Maybe someone on here can see if we can see it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pan Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:38 am

linkwashere
nowlinkisgone.
Now here's a kitty!
Ever had someone steal your name and photos on facebook? 2473548737_ec717ae6c6

Last edited by Pan on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Pan
Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:44 am

nope. not found. it is gone i think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pan Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:45 am

=D Yay. Thanks for checking. I'ma delete the post now. Since it has my name in it. >.>;
Pan
Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down