Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The End (Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows part 2 )

+9
joseph325625
Amarine2008
Krissy
MaryCourage
Natt
MoonChildEve
Winter
BrowniesBeffy
lunachild
13 posters

Go down

The End (Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows part 2 ) Empty The End (Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows part 2 )

Post by lunachild Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:23 am

It is finally the end of any event based around Harry Potter movies/books. Of course there is the Pottermore and tons of other fan sites (i.e. hexrpg , hogwartslive , mugglenet ) But other than that, the whole thing, whether it be books, movies, or meetings related. Those are over unless JK Rowling gives the word really.

This thread is to disscuss anything Harry Potter, but mostly how we feel about it ending with this movie. Was it good? Did you see the midnight premeire? If so... 3D or 2D?

I personally, saw the premeire in North-east Ohio time in 2D. 3D would have been awesome, but my cousin (who was taking me) couldn't get those tickets in time... But it was soo good!!!!!! I swear, I will be forever happy if they never ever try to remake those movies like they have so many others originally made in times like the '80s or '70s... or when ever those good movies were made. Am I sad that it is over? Of course! I loved those books and the movies... I just hope that this isn't the end of all Harry Potter fan sites, and the end of the hope of Harry Potter fans. We should all continue to enjoy the spirit of Harry Potter!
lunachild
lunachild

Location : Taking a walk on that little beach somewhere on the peaceful island in my mind...

Back to top Go down

The End (Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows part 2 ) Empty Re: The End (Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows part 2 )

Post by BrowniesBeffy Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:35 am

I didn't watch it at the midnight premiere, but I watched it 13th July 5:30pm..

The movie was AWESOME! I was speechless after I watched the movie.
I'm very sad that Harry Potter is over....

I don't know what to write.. I'm still kind of speechless..
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

The End (Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows part 2 ) Empty Re: The End (Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows part 2 )

Post by Winter Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:43 am

Haaaa! I had never cried at any movie before! But this one.. I almost cried my eyes out, not only because it was emotional but also it was the very last one. I could easily tell that I lived for HP every year up to now! So now I have nothing to wait for next year. I don't know if you know the feeling, I can literally feel a huge hole inside of me and a feeling of emptiness, like I've just lost a best-friend or a loved one.
But I still have my books and as JK Rowling has said, I know that Hogwarts is always there to welcome me home!

Now, am I allowed for some Spoilers?? I have loads of things to say about the film!
Ummm.. Maybe I should wait some more. And I'll share my thoughts generously later.

Apart from that, I watched it on 14th, since I'm not home and I'm at a very small town right now, I didn't have a choice over the date and the language and 2D/3D.
If it was up to me I'd watch it the day it was out, on 13th. And I'd definetly watch it in English. Cuz the dubs sucked and didn't sound real at all. I watched it in 3D, but again, if I had a choice, I'd def watch it 2D. Cuz when watching in 3D, I feel as if I am watching everything through a window and I cannot concentrate on things enough. 3D still was a good experience though. When I'm back home, the first thing I'm doing is going to the cinema and watching it again. In its original lang. And in 2D.

And about Pottermore. It's my only consolation for now. I am looking forward for July 31 to come for more info, and then October for Pottermore itself. I've been following many HP-related sites for awhile now and hopefully they'll do until Pottermore. =D

Oh and I can say that, apart from a few little things -well, one of them is not that little-, which I'm not talking about now, since that'd be huge spoiler; the movie is perfect. The effects, the actors (especially Alan Rickman rocked) were all so great.

I know the movies have a diffrent storyline than books, so I'm not complaining anymore. There was one thing that was a Must-be at the film, which David Yates seems to have skipped. But oh well.

I'll come up with more, later!
Winter
Winter

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonChildEve Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:48 am

I'm watching it tomorrow! There's a back-to-back showing of Part 1 & Part 2 so I'm watching with my parents. It looks awesome x
MoonChildEve
MoonChildEve

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:55 am

I'm so happy that this is end of it... because all my life was sick by it because it the most important thing for people
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryCourage Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:04 pm

^ .... so you're saying that you're glad it's over cause other people liked it? >_>

Well anyways, I loved the movie, everything about it was perfect!!!
And what was the deal with Voldemort and Dracos awkward hug? xD So funny Very Happy
MaryCourage
MaryCourage

http://soundcloud.com/marycourage

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:07 pm

I have always known that Voldy needed a hug!! Just like anyone!! <3
Winter
Winter

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:11 pm

Hahaha,, Voldy. Cute Razz(SPOILER) when Voldemort died, I said to my friend "my dear voldis is dead :/ bwaaaa:'( "

When he and Draco hugged it reminded me of Penny and Sheldon hugging each other in season 2 of The Big Bang Theory xD
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryCourage Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:12 pm

^^ haha true! He seems awfully lonely doesn't he?
MaryCourage
MaryCourage

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:28 pm

Mary you don't understand me... I'm happy that this is end because media in my country will stopped say about it..... when I was child ppl started love it but it was weird for me... I'm sick of it that all time media say about it....
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:55 pm

I may have not been a fan of it. But im not happy its over for the fans. Lots of people loved the books & movies. That's fine.Everybody has different taste and stuff.

I understand how people feel.When my favorited show was over.It made me sad..

Least the books got children off the comptures/video games. & got them excited for reading. Very Happy

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by lunachild Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:14 pm

I'm still shaken up! I would go back and watch it over and over nad never get tired of it!!! I can't wait for it to come out on DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lunachild
lunachild

Location : Taking a walk on that little beach somewhere on the peaceful island in my mind...

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:29 am

sorry for yesterday, i was so sick. and i felt so an awful because was quarrel at home...
now i feel bad that is end of it, i don't like it but i know what you feel...
I'm sorry
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:34 am

it's ok

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by lunachild Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:35 pm

There is a saying... and this is it:

Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home...

Hogwarts will always be there for all of us fans... not just Harry Potter himself... but the school of magic that holds truth and justice. The school that is where it all ended.

"Hogwarts is my home!" ~~ Harry Potter to Dobby (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets)
lunachild
lunachild

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarine2008 Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:17 pm

I'm sad that there will no longer be any more movies or books, but I think Pottermore will help with harry potter related boredom Smile I'm glad JK realized we needed something more! I'm not coocoo over HP but I do love it. It was the series that got me into reading. That was impressive for me.

I miss Fred tho Sad
Amarine2008
Amarine2008

Back to top Go down

Post by lunachild Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:47 am

I cried so hard when Fred died...

All in all, I feel that there is an empty hole in my chest knowing there wont be anymore Harry Potter movie premieres or book premieres... its just gone..
lunachild
lunachild

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryCourage Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:52 am

Who else was bothered to DEATH when Harry broke the elderwand in half???!!
MaryCourage
MaryCourage

Back to top Go down

Post by lunachild Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:39 pm

I was sort of bothered... he could have put it back with Dumbledor! But no! He broke it!!!!!!!!!!!
lunachild
lunachild

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryCourage Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:45 pm

YES! and he should have repaired his old wand with it. but nooh >_<
MaryCourage
MaryCourage

Back to top Go down

Post by lunachild Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:47 pm

He actually did in the book. I'm sure he did before he broke it, but they just didn't show it.

How about Snape's love for Lily Potter? JK did way better in creating a love story in one chapter in the book than Myer did in four Twilight books!
lunachild
lunachild

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:36 pm

lunachild wrote:
How about Snape's love for Lily Potter? JK did way better in creating a love story in one chapter in the book than Myer did in four Twilight books!
Very well said!

Now I would like to say a few things about the film which includes SPOILER.

The film was so good but the only point that let me down was Dumbledore's backstory. In the books, it explains a whole past of Dumbledore but in the film only Aberforth mentions it very quickly, like:
"My brother was not that great as you might think. Butterbeer, anyone?"
AND??!!
What about Grindelwald? What about Albus' family? What about "For the Greater Good"? What about the plans of Gellert and Albus of the Hallows? What about the epic duel which Albus bested Gellert? Those were very important stuff to complete the story.
And I think that they should've shown Fred's death. But that's nothing, comparing to Dumbledore's past.
Winter
Winter

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:01 pm

Another thing was, why couldn't Voldy and Bellatrix just die as anyone else?! The important thing was to see Voldy lying lifeless, just like a mortal. I think that this part of the film was just the victim of 3D. And what's up with Harry and Voldy jump off of that place together? Again, for the sake of 3D, it turned out funny.
I think that Neville was brilliant, especially at that scene with the Snatchers. It was so funny =D
The Prince's Tale was so awesome. Made me cry so hard. Every single thing about it was perfect. Alan Rickman rocks.
McGonagall was also shining during the movie. Maggie Smith also rocks! \m/
It was great to see Gary Oldman again since OotP! But one thing that could be confusing was- Harry was telling Lupin that he was sorry that Teddy would have to grow up without his parents; but Teddy's birth hadn't been mentioned in the film before. And why, Harry almost ignored his dad there! =D
Aaand 19 years later. I've always thought JKR shouldn't have written that part because.. Well, I don't have a valid reason but it just ruined some things in my head. But in the movie, that scene was well done and also made me cry, I suddenly returned to Philosopher's Stone days of Harry. =P
And yeah, I wish Harry fixed his wand before he broke the Elder Wand, oh well. His loss.
To sum up, except for the absence of our Dumbledore's story the movie was perfect. And hands down the best HP movie imo.
Now Accio Pottermore.
Winter
Winter

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:13 pm

I just want to mention something about that "19 years later" - thing. Draco looked funny....
Almost everyone in the cinema laughed when they saw him. I was actually kind of sad as well, I thought "Why marry that woman, when you can marry me? Like helloooooo!?!".

I want to watch the movie again.
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by lunachild Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:29 pm

Winter wrote:Another thing was, why couldn't Voldy and Bellatrix just die as anyone else?! The important thing was to see Voldy lying lifeless, just like a mortal. I think that this part of the film was just the victim of 3D. And what's up with Harry and Voldy jump off of that place together? Again, for the sake of 3D, it turned out funny.
I think that Neville was brilliant, especially at that scene with the Snatchers. It was so funny =D
The Prince's Tale was so awesome. Made me cry so hard. Every single thing about it was perfect. Alan Rickman rocks.
McGonagall was also shining during the movie. Maggie Smith also rocks! \m/
It was great to see Gary Oldman again since OotP! But one thing that could be confusing was- Harry was telling Lupin that he was sorry that Teddy would have to grow up without his parents; but Teddy's birth hadn't been mentioned in the film before. And why, Harry almost ignored his dad there! =D
Aaand 19 years later. I've always thought JKR shouldn't have written that part because.. Well, I don't have a valid reason but it just ruined some things in my head. But in the movie, that scene was well done and also made me cry, I suddenly returned to Philosopher's Stone days of Harry. =P
And yeah, I wish Harry fixed his wand before he broke the Elder Wand, oh well. His loss.
To sum up, except for the absence of our Dumbledore's story the movie was perfect. And hands down the best HP movie imo.
Now Accio Pottermore.

Okay I wont say everything but here is what I need to say. Yes! I agree they needed more of Dumbledore's story! I mean jeeze!!!!
But I think the way Voldy and Belatrix died was cool. For Voldy I understand it more though because he lost all of the Horcuxes and there was really not much left of his soul to have a real body. His body was made by a spell in the Goblet of Fire so... yeah that makes sense that it would turn to the ashes.
Harry probably felt that he couldn't face his dad as much after he saw Snape's memories but he still wanted to see his dad...
And I don't know but I guess that they just thought all fans would know Teddy was born so they didn't think to add it in.
Go Alan Rickman and Maggie Smith! Lets all remember Maggie Smith was fighting breast cancer while filming! That is one strong amazing woman, and a person to look up too! We love you Maggie!!!!! cheers
Oh and in the book Harry did use the Elder wand to fix it I think... either that or Olivander fixed it when they were staying with Fleur and Bill.
And as for the 19 years later, in the book it was 30 years later thankyouverymuch! And she wrote it so that no one could ever try to continue Harry Potter as in a best selling book... at least that's what I heard but who knows? Anyway, it fit, didn't it?

BEST BOOK SERIES/MOVIE SERIES EVER!!!!!!!
lunachild
lunachild

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:42 am

Yes, I know Maggie Smith was fighting breast cancer. She's such a brave lady in real, just like McGonagall. <3
And you know why Crabbe wasn't in the film and they had to kill Goyle instead? Cuz the guy who plays Crabbe has been dealing with drug issiues in real so I think he wasn't let play in the movie. The black guy was Blaise Zabini, by the way.

About the elder wand.. Yeah, in the book Harry fixes his own with it and puts the Elder Wand back to Dumbledore's tomb. And that would be much better in the movie as well.
I wish they could film every single detail in the book without leaving anything out. I wouldn't mind watching a 10 hour movie but I guess that's impossible =D
Books are always better.
AND as you said in the first post, I hope they won't re-make the films years later. =D
Winter
Winter

Back to top Go down

Post by lunachild Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:14 am

Or maybe he fixed it before that scene... people just thought that fans would know if they've read the books so thought that it was almost irrelevant.

I'm sure almost everyone who loves Harry Potter thinks they shouldn't be re made in any way shape or form!
lunachild
lunachild

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarine2008 Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:25 am

Alot of what it comes down to is every screen writer and director wants to be "creative" well I'm sorry but if they want to be creative they should go make an original work not do a book series with a huge fan base that's already read all the books. And plus Ron and Hermionie kissed at the wrong place. They also were suppose to be missing 75% of the time at Hogwarts then harry is supposed to be, Where have yall been?? And I think the cliff diving was part of the book. Because I remember when harry comes back to life he said Voldermort was still on the ground from the fall? Don't hold me to that lol. And they made McGonagal send the slytherins to the dungeons....wtf...in the book she's like fight if you like or else go home. And they took out the ghosts. It's just one of those things I guess :/ so sad it's over....no more books....no more movies.....lol but pottermore should help with that.

Also I think they just got rid of the Elder wand I don't think they put it back in the tomb. Not sure. But he did fix his own. Because he loves it. And I really hope they don't re-make it....
Amarine2008
Amarine2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:24 am

Creativity? Yeah, then why not just film another story to be original? Because we've all read the books. So why films? Huh?
They can be creative while filming the book. And that's what they do. Filming the book. Not changing the story. But I do understand they have to cut off some things to fit in the time and they change stuff a bit to make up for the things they do not show in the film. I know some things gotta be different, and I wrote somewhere on my previous comments that I wasn't complaining anymore because they're not same.. But Dumbeldore's backstory was simply vital.
And no, they put the wand back to its place and now that Harry was the owner of it, with Harry's natural death, the wand would lose its powers or something like that but they didn't destroy it. And no, there was no cliff diving in the book either. It did look well in 3d but was unnecessary.
Sooo, 11 days for 31 July.
Winter
Winter

Back to top Go down

Post by lunachild Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:47 pm

Amarine2008 wrote:Alot of what it comes down to is every screen writer and director wants to be "creative" well I'm sorry but if they want to be creative they should go make an original work not do a book series with a huge fan base that's already read all the books. And plus Ron and Hermionie kissed at the wrong place. They also were suppose to be missing 75% of the time at Hogwarts then harry is supposed to be, Where have yall been??

For one it costs tons of money to make a book into a movie. That's why people re-make movies all the time. Also it is way hard to make a screen write for a movie. If it was easy there would probably be a lot more new movies. Why don't we try a contest thing on writing a short screen write on a chapter from a book we like? That would be fun!!

And they had to make it way more interesting so they added more stuff with other characters. And I think they did a good job with doing so.
lunachild
lunachild

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph325625 Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:05 pm

My orthodontist got pre premiere tickets so I went to see it at 7pm instead of 12. (: This movie was the fucking bomb. BUT I thought the fighting could of been better. Like when bellatrix was fighting rons mom she died in like 2 hits. Like wtf? This is like the bad ass mother fucking bitch who killed tons of people and she dies in two hits. Lame. Bit other than that it was the best!!!
joseph325625
joseph325625

http://www.myspace.com/400641326

Back to top Go down

Post by lunachild Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:29 pm

joseph325625 wrote:My orthodontist got pre premiere tickets so I went to see it at 7pm instead of 12. (: This movie was the fucking bomb. BUT I thought the fighting could of been better. Like when bellatrix was fighting rons mom she died in like 2 hits. Like wtf? This is like the bad ass mother fucking bitch who killed tons of people and she dies in two hits. Lame. Bit other than that it was the best!!!

You have to remember, she did piss off Mrs. Weasley. And Ginny is also quiet powerful... and if you don't remember when she hit that thing with Reducto, well then wow!... then that is probably where she got it from.
lunachild
lunachild

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:02 am

I think I will see it this weekend =)
Midnight
Midnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarine2008 Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:09 am

Wish we knew what the reasons behind everything was. Like why did they take this out and do this instead? maybe that would make things better and we wouldn't complain so much xD I used to be the person that watched movies for the movies instead of comparing them but then I listened to the audio book for this one and i couldn't stop haha.
Amarine2008
Amarine2008

Back to top Go down

Post by lunachild Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:24 am

I have that same feeling. I can't help but notice changes... but then I still find time to enjoy the movie. All of the movies were really well done, although most people say that Goblet of Fire was way off. I haven't read the whole Goblet of Fire (shame on me!) so I wouldn't know exactly.
lunachild
lunachild

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarine2008 Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:08 am

The last book I had no idea what really happened because I read it in 16 hours the day it came out and never touched it again haha. Really all i know that was wrong with the goblet was dobby was supposed to give harry the gillyweed. and i wish theyd left pig in the third one. ron needed an owl haha.
Amarine2008
Amarine2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:51 pm

BrowniesBeffy wrote:I was speechless after I watched the movie.
I'm very sad that Harry Potter is over....

I don't know what to write.. I'm still kind of speechless..

same here I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

the screwed up Fred's death in the move though
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

http://www.myspace.com/littlephoenix93

Back to top Go down

Post by lunachild Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:20 pm

Fred's death.. wasn't it partly Percy's fault? Like he distracted Fred from defending himself or something on accident but still it was his fault??? I mean where is the justice!!!????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????
lunachild
lunachild

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarine2008 Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:12 am

I do believe you're right Luna but I mean at least percy finally came to his senses in this book.
Amarine2008
Amarine2008

Back to top Go down

Post by lunachild Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:04 am

Yeah, at least Percy got a brain, but by then it was way to late. All he had to do was fight but then Fred's life got lost...
lunachild
lunachild

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:37 am

I really don't know what to think about this movie.
I like it. But I really don't think it's the best of them or something (I like Prisoner of Azkaban the best)...

Little sad that it's over now.
Midnight
Midnight

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaMinxy Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:13 pm

I watched it 3D. I cried thousand times during the movie.
I still cry sometimes when Im browsing Harry Potter sites.
I feel that it wasnt just the end of Harry Potter, it was the end of my childhood as well Sad(((
I still cant believe that it ended, I still have this feeling like 'I cant wait the next Harry Potter movie. Sad
And the last part was one of my favourite.
And the most sad part was definitely Snape Sad
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

http://tanyaminxy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EetuJaKeijut Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:30 am

Seriously I've never cried as much with any other movie Very Happy Gosh it was horrible. The soundtrack is over the top beautiful. Like, Lily's Theme, how can anyone write something like that? It's just so much more than most music out there Smile

The whole overburdening feeling of ENDING was really heavy and it made me feel kinda sick in the end. Well i loved it anyway and now i'm afraid of watching it second time ^_^
EetuJaKeijut
EetuJaKeijut

http://www.myspace.com/epicaaliikaafanittava

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down