Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Politics

+7
catloafwithpotato
gardenofstars
Quincy
Liisu
alis18
Krissy
Natt
11 posters

Go down

Politics Empty Politics

Post by Natt Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:55 am

I'm sorry that I make this topic but I love so much talking about it more than clothes etc

Do you think about politics in your country?
What is your opininion about situation in Libia?
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Politics Empty Re: Politics

Post by Krissy Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:02 am

I don't know much about Politics.I don't pay enough attention to it..

I feel very bad for the people who live there. the country really needs a "good person" to run the country.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by alis18 Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:29 pm

Well the politics in my country are sooooooooo bad...
the gobern it's so bad with bad people who only cares about be rich and have a lot of money while the country and the peple are falling down!
it's a sadness 'cause mexico has potencial to be a good country!

and about what's happening in libia =( sad! hope everything gets better
alis18
alis18

https://www.facebook.com/aliciangli

Back to top Go down

Post by Liisu Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:11 pm

Politicccccs, good subject.

It's shit in Estonia. They only care for the rich and not a bit of the poor.
Some politicians should be sent to Siberia...to make something useful, like putting snow in the bags and after that- melt it with their own breath Smile
They do more harm than good here, don't blame me.
Liisu
Liisu

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:18 pm

In the US there's too much Democrat vs Republican. I feel like a lot of the younger generations (especially college kids) think that the Democrats can do no wrong and that the Republicans are a bunch of backwards old men who are stuck in their ways. I don't identify myself with a political party because I see flaws in both parties.
I dislike Obama (I disliked him when he was my senator too. Seriously who elects an Illinois Democrat from Chicago?) He really had no experience before being elected president (Damn McCain for choosing a running mate who drove his chances into the ground).
My state government (Illinois) is total shit though. In the last 10 years two of our governors have been convicted of federal crimes. Chicago sets the rules for a state that is mostly country so a lot of laws are bullshit. (And by Chicago I mean the the ruling crime families)
While the U.S.'s government isn't perfect, I do think it's a hell of a lot better than other countries. Sure there are some countries that have better ones, but ours isn't that bad no matter what some people think.
Quincy
Quincy

http://madremonstere.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Liisu Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:28 pm

Obama, really? I kinda liked him at first. Well...at least he is MUCH MUCH MUCH better that Bush. Really. He only shitted on each and every country in the world.
Liisu
Liisu

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:37 pm

my fav was Regan-he saved my country when was very bad and I very like Bush when he was presidend it my country was treated like 51 state... all time Obama give so much things for free but better was Bush..now e.g. soldiers US stationed in Poland, Obama build very expensive laboratory... and how he and Hilary Clinton said Poland this is the biggest friend US and we are sibilings.... now he will be in Poland 28-29 May
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Liisu Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:39 pm

Bush has started too many wars.
Putin is another one who just disgusts me.
Liisu
Liisu

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:45 pm

Liisu, Putin is crazy man,in 2008 Russia wanted attacked my country, about it was in newspapers
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Liisu Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:46 pm

they still want to attack us Very Happy this is sooo ridiculous.
Liisu
Liisu

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:46 pm

and even when was leaked by Wikileaks (end of 2010) it was text that gouverment a little was scared situation with Russia
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:46 pm

yeah,I don't think she be good. Ya..bush did a bad job running america/

well in canada,We are gonna have a early election. one of the parties would't come to agree with the countries budget..So yeah...

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by gardenofstars Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:49 pm

I think that the most biggest problem in politics is the fact that instead of dealing and solving problems different parties like democrats and republicans in USA just blame each other and nothing really gets done. It's the same in Estonia. It's the same everywhere. Or where there is only one party the one party is so corrupted that again nothing gets done. The money just "magically" disappears. So it's like a dead circle. It's gonna take years - I mean like YEARS for people to get enough education and open up their minds for the world really start working. Right now the only thing stopping is if the narrowed mindless would start withdrawing and people who have no prejudice would step forward. But if you look at it it's already starting. Slowly but it's starting. The influence of the church has been decreasing for hundreds years now but there will always be people who can't think by themselves. We are the proof the things are getting better. Kerli is changing it. Gaga is changing it. Actually all the pop stars are changing it by just opening people about their sexuality what has been a sin before. Basic things like sexuality do control things like people's mind. When you suppress your sexuality you suppress everything about yourself. So yeah. I think I went bit too far but everything is connected and can't have one without the other.

I'm really clad that Moonchildren do discuss stuff like that. We do live in the society and can't ignore it Smile
gardenofstars
gardenofstars

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:53 pm

I'm not a Bush fan but I think the media often portrays him as worse than he was because he was such a terrible public speaker. Obama's been spending a lot of money (that we don't really have). If he continues at the rate he's going he's going to spend a lot more money than Bush did. I just don't really like any democrat from Illinois (lets be honest a lot of them have been caught or accused of ties with the mob). And I hate the Democrat stance on labor unions. Clinton was the last decent president
Quincy
Quincy

Back to top Go down

Post by gardenofstars Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:10 pm

Quincy wrote:I'm not a Bush fan but I think the media often portrays him as worse than he was because he was such a terrible public speaker. Obama's been spending a lot of money (that we don't really have). If he continues at the rate he's going he's going to spend a lot more money than Bush did. I just don't really like any democrat from Illinois (lets be honest a lot of them have been caught or accused of ties with the mob). And I hate the Democrat stance on labor unions. Clinton was the last decent president

Well when you're a president public speaking is something you really have to be good at. It demonstrates the intelligence of the president and if he can't handle that well then he shouldn't be on the position.
gardenofstars
gardenofstars

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:17 pm

^ True but at least he was entertaining ^.^

I don't think Obama all that charismatic of a speaker either. I feel like he's speaking down to the public and breaks his sentences in awkward places. He avoids actually answering questions by throwing in big words very well though.
Quincy
Quincy

Back to top Go down

Post by catloafwithpotato Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:26 pm

Quincy wrote:I'm not a Bush fan but I think the media often portrays him as worse than he was because he was such a terrible public speaker. Obama's been spending a lot of money (that we don't really have). If he continues at the rate he's going he's going to spend a lot more money than Bush did. I just don't really like any democrat from Illinois (lets be honest a lot of them have been caught or accused of ties with the mob). And I hate the Democrat stance on labor unions. Clinton was the last decent president
Yeah; People seem to forget how good the economy here was with Clinton as president and only remember a blue dress.

Bush was awful, though. I don't like the Christian agenda he was trying to push. I am pro-choice and pro- embryonic stem cell research and he tried to eradicate both of those things. And we've been in two wars for how long now? But, well, I'm not loving Obama, either, but I'm not sure how much of that is his fault, since he was left with such a mess.
catloafwithpotato
catloafwithpotato

http://katloaf.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gardenofstars Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:36 pm

When Obama came there were so high expectations for him but he no Superman. I think that's why so many people are disappointed in him.
gardenofstars
gardenofstars

Back to top Go down

Post by Forace Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:33 pm

I have no idea what's going on abroad, and I'm not that well-informed of our own politics either xD
But I do know there's an election coming up, for the Parliament of Finland. And that there's a HUGE discussion going on about gay people and their rights! And that True Finns are not that popular because the head honcho is a dork :DD There was an awesome drawing of him as a pig, I can't find it now :D
One nice piece of news was that a girl on ninth grade asked the piggy-politician, "why can't a raped girl get an abortion?"
The politician refused to answer! Wtf.

Ah well, the politicians are not that popular, period. They all have weird ideas on how to run things in Finland. And they keep raising their own salaries, even though they do nothing and don't deserve to get more money :/ Some of them get over 6000€ a month :<

Sigh... The situation seems pointless everywhere. I can't understand why there must be dictators and wars over oil or something else... The oil is in another country, buy it instead of invading the country and killing thousands of civilians >:C

I have the impression of Bush that he's a simpleton xD So do many others in Finland! I haven't seen much "official" material of him, mostly parodies and out-of-context things. That's why.

I really wish there would be more people like Kerli. People like Moonchildren.

I'll be looking into politics more from now on, because it's interesting. And hilarious.
Forace
Forace

http://forace.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:49 pm

Moonchildren will rule the world

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:08 pm

I don't know a lot about the politics of foreign countries. I feel like I should but unless it's a big news story like Libya and Egypt I don't hear much. Although I do hate the US news is always reporting on how conflict in the middle affects Americans not the people in the country at war.

I never understood why people insist on forcing their beliefs on others like when it comes to abortion and gay rights. While I myself wouldn't get an abortion I don't really think I have the right to tell others they can't. And let's be honest no matter how hard people oppose it, gay rights/equality is going to happen in the US it might take years but it will happen so people need to just sit back and let it.
Forace wrote:
I have the impression of Bush that he's a simpleton xD So do many others in Finland! I haven't seen much "official" material of him, mostly parodies and out-of-context things. That's why.

Bush was kind of a simpleton. Often there's one candidate that runs for president that's described as 'the guy you'd want to go have a beer with' Bush was definitely that guy. People didn't like his father as president so I don't know why they thought he'd be much different.
Quincy
Quincy

Back to top Go down

Post by Forace Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:37 pm

Quincy, no need to know about things in Finland at least :D The people here are so stupid. The politicians as well as the citizens.
Like now everyone is scared about the nuclear fallout coming from Japan :O They've bought all the iodine tablets from pharmacies and all sorts of other stupid things. I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone with a tinfoil hat >_>

It's funny, the power plant got 4 pages in the biggest newspaper here. The actual earthquake got maybe 1 or 2 pages. So now everyone's against all new power plants being planned to build here.

Though I agree that there's really no need for it, and that there are better ways to get more power, I don't agree that ALL power plants are dangerous and ALL of them will explode right away! It's really going too far here :D

Also, I'm not against gay people or abortions. People are not hurting anyone if they love someone of same sex. Oh, haha, one ridiculous comment about this from a Christian politician here: she said that if gay people are allowed to get married, no more children will be born! And that the next thing is allowed, is marriage with your dog/horse/rake/whatever! xDDD As if EVERYONE will magically turn gay!

And abortions, of course I support them. There are enough people on this planet, so no need to make more. Especially if you have bad income, bad relationship, bad habits, or you've been raped... A child should be brought to an environment, where it has two loving parents and safety. And only if you are absolutely sure you want a child.

But that's just my opinion :3
Forace
Forace

Back to top Go down

Post by gardenofstars Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:56 am

I totally agree with you. It's a common understanding that the population will be affected by gay marriages. Like fuck you. It seems that stupidness is contagious or else there wouldn't be so many fucked up opinions.
Here in Estonia I haven't noticed any panic over the nuclear plants. Though Estonia is exactly located between four nuclear plants and if one of them should blow up then we'd be fucked. But I'm not against nuclear plants. The new generation ones are more safe. The one in Japan was the exact kind that was in Chernobyl, the old one. We should be worried about the old ones. But wether we want it or not, nuclear power is our future. When functioning fine it's completely safe for the environment.
I hate when people act like abortions are anybody else's business than the person who is getting the abortion. It's not up to a politician with a mustache to say if it's okay or not. Even the society should shut up when it comes to it.
gardenofstars
gardenofstars

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneLove Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:15 pm

I think I pay too much attention to politics for someone my age. XD

Obama is better than Bush, imo. Bush pissed me off on so many levels. I also am not a fan of the trickle-down economics of Reagan. It pretty obviously doesn't work. The rich have gotten richer, and the poor have gotten poorer. It scares me. As a teenager in the twenty-first century, I don't want my country to run itself into the ground, and I feel like that's where it's headed.

I dunno. Politics piss me off.
JaneLove
JaneLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:25 pm

gardenofstars wrote:When Obama came there were so high expectations for him but he no Superman. I think that's why so many people are disappointed in him.

Think the same..Bush made such a hug mess..Its gonna take a lot of time to fix it,

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:21 pm

Forace wrote:
Like now everyone is scared about the nuclear fallout coming from Japan :O They've bought all the iodine tablets from pharmacies and all sorts of other stupid things. I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone with a tinfoil hat >_>

It's funny, the power plant got 4 pages in the biggest newspaper here. The actual earthquake got maybe 1 or 2 pages. So now everyone's against all new power plants being planned to build here.

Everyone freaking out about how bad nuclear power plants are in general kind of piss me of. People harbor this deep fear of Nuclear reactors because of Chernobyl and 3 Mile Island which were horrible freak accidents that happened ~20 years ago. Technology has came a long ways since then and now it's a lot safer. There's a nuclear reactor in the basements of one of the engineering buildings at my school, if it was anymore dangerous than other forms of energy then it would be there. The only reason the one in Japan is problematic because of the earthquake.
My brother's girlfriend is a x-ray tech nurse so she has to deal with being exposed to radiation all the time. She said that taking the iodine pills now for something won't affect us for another 30+ years won't really do anything. And that when the news makes a big deal about Japan doubling the allowed amount of radiation the people working can get it's extremely misleading because Japan's allowed amount is extremely low. Like the doubled the amount is about the same amount she gets as a nurse.
Quincy
Quincy

Back to top Go down

Post by catloafwithpotato Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:36 pm

Yeah, the US immediately began reporting spook stories about nuclear power plants and radiation..ugh. This should put the radiation stuff in perspective - radiation dose chart: http://xkcd.com/radiation/
catloafwithpotato
catloafwithpotato

http://katloaf.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Forace Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:49 pm

Yeah, people are scared of them. It's very irrational, because there are so many of them, and how many has been destroyed? I only know of Chernobyl, because I was born that year :D And I'm perfectly normal! So are everybody else here. It hasn't affected us, even though it wasn't that far away. And now they fear the fallout aaall the way from Japan :/
And that accident in Chernobyl was a stupid test/accident/self-inflicted brain-fart. The same wouldn't happen again, anywhere.

This picture is hilarious (and a bit exaggerated), it pretty well sums up the people's reaction :D

Politics 794591823

(FinD the typo!)

So I heard that Gaddafi's troops are losing? Or am I mistaken?

And thanks for that chart catloafwithpotato :)
Forace
Forace

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:33 pm

Honestly I'm more scared of hippos than I am of a nuclear reactor explosion.
Quincy
Quincy

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:56 am

Uh, politics here is crap. Our government loves abusing people's beliefs, there are too many ignorant people in turkey, especially at the eastern part and they believe every single word that our prime minister says. Just before the elections, he gives away coal or basic food to 'abusable' people to 'buy' their votes. He uses religion towards his own people and he is being used by other countries. He can't even fucking speak english, he IS ignorant and he took education of religion at highskole and studied religion at the university and his whole family wears turban, which is a political symbol of them now. Thanks to Kemal Atatürk, we're not giving in to those people who are trying to take over the country and kill secularism. They are selling the country. They're getting all the money and buying SHIPS to their families while many people trying to find a job to get some money. There are too many unemployed people here. There are just too many things to say about this but it's so hard to explain unless you've lived the situation. There are elections in the summer this year, I hope we can get rid of them forever this time. But I don't have much hope. Last time, they got like the 47% of the votes. Because not many people really know what they are voting for.
I hate them all. F.u.c.k.t.h.e.m.a.l.l.
Winter
Winter

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:31 am

I know little about the norwegian government. But from what I know is that they do much to help us norwegian people. They want all of us to be healthy, help each other by free health care and they do much for the schools.
But other than that I don't know much. Politics has never interested me.

ugh, the norwegian paper sucks. They've stopped writing about the earth quake in Japan, and they write little about Gaddafi and Egypt and such. They write about Wenche Foss' death and Elizabeth Taylor's death. The whole fucking news paper is full of it. Okay, so it's sad that 2 divas died in one week. But think of all those thousands of people dying WEEKLY in those countries. Think of that, jerk ass.
I get really annoyed, I didn't even know who Wenche Foss' was. And I only kned Elizabeth Taylor from my moms perfume. I don't hate them, but I think the media should write more about something MORE important.

I'm sorry. This isn't really about politics. but it's something which annoys the hell outta me.
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by gardenofstars Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:55 am

I think that there is a certain amount of news you can release about one event without it being too much. The earthquake is sad but how long can you go on about it. We all prayed and cried for Japan. But now is time for the damage control and to start putting that country together again. This is what news are about - sharing the newest events. Media isn't built on one event. And THE most important event right now going on is in Libya and Egypt. And Elizabeth Taylor was an icon. I didn't know who Wenche Foss was until I googled her. As it seems she was too an iconic actress but in Norway, so she must've been important for people there.
gardenofstars
gardenofstars

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:41 am

Yes, I understand. But you should have seen how much the newpapers wrote about it.
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by gardenofstars Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:06 pm

You know that's the media. They write what sells Smile
gardenofstars
gardenofstars

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:58 am

Polish prosecutors checks the a small scandal.
Consul of Estonia swindled 1 517 604.21 € in Poland in my city.
Politics are crazy
this is article but in Polish http://wiadomosci.gazeta.pl/Wiadomosci/1,80269,9480592,Zakonnice__konsul_i_hektary.html
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:16 am

I agree with gardenofstars

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Fri May 20, 2011 11:34 am

President of Russia threatens cold war in Europe (he said somwthing that Europe can come back to 1980).
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri May 20, 2011 11:45 am

oh my.not good

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:58 am

Tomorrow is very important day from all word.
It;s so horrible....
it's poster promo in 2008 this day

Politics 323433.3
in my city are new poster about it
what u feel think about II World War ?

Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:01 am

war is like so depressing and sad. what does it slove?

but all the men died for our freedom.& we have noone of this freedom if it wasn't for them. well most countries have the freedom.

I think it's just really sad how all them people died on a count of there reglion.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum