Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~*Sublunary Panospections*~

+5
LightThruDarkness
ChicaLuna
PhoenixLlewellyn
Natt
Amaranthus-Myst
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

~*Sublunary Panospections*~ Empty ~*Sublunary Panospections*~

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Welcome to my very metropolitan blog, which will feature poems, fairy tales, short stories, journals, introspections, observations, essays, articles, dreams, day dreams---and everything else that cascades from the ethereal springs of my mind.

<3 I.L.U~~~ Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by Amaranthus-Myst on Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error in title)
Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

http://nectyreen.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

~*Sublunary Panospections*~ Empty Re: ~*Sublunary Panospections*~

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:34 pm

Today, my mom surprised me with a delicious portabella mushroom wrap. If you are vegetarian like me, I'm sure you've heard of using portabella mushroom as a "substitute" for beef or pork. I prefer to leave it as simply portabella mushroom in its own right, instead of a substitute or fill-in for something else.

Anyways, I was a little surprised at the texture of it. It was so hearty and flesh-like that for a moment I questioned its mushroom-ness.

The real point of this post I guess is just to share my experience, but also to share tips for sprouting vegetarians out there: There are endless possibilities! Salad is not necessary at all when you have knowlege about the thousands of vegetanles, beans, fruits, seeds, nuts, roots and fungi that you can use to fashion really beautiful and tasty dishes.

If you've never heard of portabella mushroom before, now you have, and I highly recommend it, especially if you're not a tofu fan.

You can grill the caps to make "steaks" or "burgers" out of them. You can chop up whole mushrooms for a delectable stir-fry, or steam them for sadnwiches, casseroles and mixes.

Have fun. The possibilities are endless~
Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:46 am

I hear first time about Portabella
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PhoenixLlewellyn Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:13 pm

Amaranthus-Myst wrote:Today, my mom surprised me with a delicious portabella mushroom wrap. If you are vegetarian like me, I'm sure you've heard of using portabella mushroom as a "substitute" for beef or pork. I prefer to leave it as simply portabella mushroom in its own right, instead of a substitute or fill-in for something else.

Anyways, I was a little surprised at the texture of it. It was so hearty and flesh-like that for a moment I questioned its mushroom-ness.

The real point of this post I guess is just to share my experience, but also to share tips for sprouting vegetarians out there: There are endless possibilities! Salad is not necessary at all when you have knowlege about the thousands of vegetanles, beans, fruits, seeds, nuts, roots and fungi that you can use to fashion really beautiful and tasty dishes.

If you've never heard of portabella mushroom before, now you have, and I highly recommend it, especially if you're not a tofu fan.

You can grill the caps to make "steaks" or "burgers" out of them. You can chop up whole mushrooms for a delectable stir-fry, or steam them for sadnwiches, casseroles and mixes.

Have fun. The possibilities are endless~

Omg I absolutely love Portabella Mushrooms, I bug my mama for them everytime we are at the store.
Cant get enough of 'em.
PhoenixLlewellyn
PhoenixLlewellyn

Back to top Go down

Post by ChicaLuna Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:18 pm

I'm a vegetarian too. I love mushrooms. They are yummy on pizza.
ChicaLuna
ChicaLuna

https://dedomhnaigh.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:38 am

Finally! other people who like mushrooms. Most people think they are gross, but they would think the same thing about potatoes and squash if it was more of a rare food.

That makes me wonder.... people more judgmental about things that are different or unusual.

I say this all the time: people hate what they dont understand, and fear what they dont know. Nothing to do with mushrooms, but it just reminded me.
Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:51 am

Colorful Hair/Wigs Journal

Eversince I was little, I loved the idea of colorful hair, hair that had colors that could not be found in nature. Peobably because I love fairies, mermaids and japnese cartoons/dolls.

Today, I'm not allowed to bleach my hair any further, and I don't want to cut it, so my mom bought me a violet bobbed wig for christmas. Now, I am quite addicted to colorful wigs, because I don't have to damage my real hair, and I can change styles as often as I would like!

I plan on having a wig in many different colors and styles. My momjust ordered a long, forest green one (I will put up a profile picture as soon as I can). I am sure that many moonchildren here are interested in fairy hair Smile

I especially like bright hair colors with black clothes, pastels with warm dark colors and really dark or really pale hair with light clothes. Bobbed hair is adorable, and so is very long hair on either boys or girls.

I believe that people should be free to express themselves no matter how strange or otherwordly they look. We only get one life here, and anyone could vanish tomorrow. Wouldn't it be sad if someone never got to be themselves due to fear of ridicule, and suddenly, they're gone?

I want to live freely, and be just as capricious and spontaneous as my mind is, as the sea is, everychanging and cyclic like the moon, and arresting the eyes like rubies, yet cryptic and secretive like a crab. its weird how much I match my astrological signs, even though I do not follow horoscope.

I plan on buying tiny rhinestones that I can use as moonmarkings with my make up Smile imagine how that would look with long, dark green hair?

I think Nature was intended to be viewed as more than just nature but as art as well. Some may say, "you can fin purple hair in nature! thats crazy!" but there are purple flowers and potherbs, there are purple spots, there are rainforests where colors are wild and beautiful.

Embrace the art and wide color palette of nature, inside or outside, and you will feel so alive, because fundamentally, we are all comprised of the same ingredients, we come from the Earth and we return to it again after death. Do what you want to do, and really, trust me, every dream and every wish will come true because you would be expressing at least parts of it through your projection of Inner Self. Smile

I.L.U
Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

Back to top Go down

Post by LightThruDarkness Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:28 am

wow i know this is going to sound cheesy haha but that spoke to me
especially the part about being free to express yourself nomatter how other worldy you look, i used to get picked on all the time for dressing differently when i all i was doing was being myself,
its like as soon as you break "the norm" or a stereotype people dont know how to handle it,
o and cant wait to see the forest green wig Smile
I.LU
LightThruDarkness
LightThruDarkness

Back to top Go down

Post by ChicaLuna Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:29 am

I hate squash lol. My mom tries to get me to eat it all the time. :p

I love colorful hair. I've put red in my hair. It doesn't show up to much cuz my hair is so dark. You can only see it if I go in the light. I want to get some colorful wigs too. I bought a wig the other day but it's the same as my real hair color. I want to get other wigs too.

Back in 2005 I got my nose pierced and streaked my hair red a month later. My mom freaked out because she said I had to many changes lol. People should do what they want to do and not worry about what others think but it's hard. People are to judgmental.
ChicaLuna
ChicaLuna

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:38 pm

LightThruDarkness wrote:wow i know this is going to sound cheesy haha but that spoke to me
especially the part about being free to express yourself nomatter how other worldy you look, i used to get picked on all the time for dressing differently when i all i was doing was being myself,
its like as soon as you break "the norm" or a stereotype people dont know how to handle it,
o and cant wait to see the forest green wig Smile
I.LU

yes! the same things happened to me when i started middle school. the kids from that area of New York were not used to girls like me, who did not care about fitting in, looking cool or being "hood". they would say awful things, make fun of my Sanrio accessories etc. (now Hello Kitty, Harajuku, "Goth" and the like are in? ugh).

its better now though. once you really embrace who you are, people start to see a light inside of you that they cannot explain: they will know that you are aware of what they think, but that you don't care and will still love yourself. Like a Star @ heaven

idk how long the shipment from the UK will take, but hopefully by the end of this month or febuary i'll have my wig Very Happy
Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:40 pm

ChicaLuna wrote:I hate squash lol. My mom tries to get me to eat it all the time. :p

I love colorful hair. I've put red in my hair. It doesn't show up to much cuz my hair is so dark. You can only see it if I go in the light. I want to get some colorful wigs too. I bought a wig the other day but it's the same as my real hair color. I want to get other wigs too.

Back in 2005 I got my nose pierced and streaked my hair red a month later. My mom freaked out because she said I had to many changes lol. People should do what they want to do and not worry about what others think but it's hard. People are to judgmental.

red streaks in dark hair is so beautiful, and you're a pretty girl from what i see of your pic. thats cool that you can get piercings. im not allowed though i'll be 18 this summer. since she always said it wasnt necessary, i probably wont ever get one since the desire to died a while back XD
Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

Back to top Go down

Post by ChicaLuna Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:55 pm

^Aww thank you. Where did you get the wigs from? I'm wig obsessed now. My first one just came in the mail on Friday.
ChicaLuna
ChicaLuna

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:19 am

www.cosplaywig.com !!! that site is by far my favorite source, however they ship from the UK so it might take a while if you live in the U.S.

I'm also getting really obsessed with wigs, its so fun to just switch up whenever you want Very Happy
Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

Back to top Go down

Post by ChicaLuna Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:32 am

^Thanks for the link! I think I am going to be addicted to this site. I really want a red wig.
ChicaLuna
ChicaLuna

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:07 am

~Journal~ ~Gothic Faerie Books?~

Why is it so difficult to find this subgenre, if it even exists? I have been searching for books that have elements of Gothic literature but about faeries or elves for a while now, and I can only find silly teen books about vampires, werewolves and psychic people. What has happened to literature? Doesn't anyone want to write something that is new? Something inspired by dark faerytale art---like works by Natalie Shau (who did Kerli's album art), Jasmine Beckett-Griffith, and the artist of the picture in my signature?

I love to write, and I would love to write a "Gothic Faerie" book, but I would also like to read one! One day I want to find a good novel or series that combine these traits, after I read the Brothers Grimm tales, I might be stranded with no other books like it to read.

I've read Artemis Fowl, but it is not dark or gothic. I know about Holly Black's Modern Tales of Faerie, but are they dark? what kind of fairies are they about? The beautiful, mysterious creatures with wings, or some modern Tolkien-esque "twist" or trope in which the faeries have no wings, are human sized and not special?

Imagine a story all about faeries. Not about humans morphing into them or suddenly getting their powers or suddenly catching the eye of some "sexy" fairy boy. How about a story about people, and about faeries, and about an enchantigly dark mystical world? I don't know, maybe I'm just strange or too wishful.

Apart from that, I really look forward to kerli's new album, and I'm very curious as to how BubbleGoth is going to turn out. I hope it has an equal balance of bubble and goth, because what I'm imagining is something thats really new and interesting.

I watched a video in which Kerli takes a PVC jacket and "bubblegoth"'s it up by adding lace trim and what not. I imagined that look combination in music form, and imagined this very enchanting sounding, sweet but dark and melancholy blend. She did describe it as such (I forgot where, I think it was in a video). I wonder if Kerli's new album songs could help inspire me while I write a gothic faerie tale?
Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:35 pm

~Dream Analyses~ ~Esoterica Editorial~?

I've been dreaming about bookstores and amazing books since the summer time. The other night, idreamed of editing a student magazine about Kerli. Before that, I had dreamed about a bookstore-arcade. After both dreams, I dreamed about a huge, double floored bookstore-cafe dedicated to science fiction, fantasy and all things ethereal/bizarre/strange. What I get from this is not only a subconcious thirst for hidden knowlege, but also a desire to create something. Books are a symbol of preservvation, revelation and secrecy. If I apply this assertion to my dreams, perhaps these are things that I seek. I seek to write and to read, and be edified.

I came up with an idea somemonths ago to start a student editorial for my school, that would publish fiction and articles submitted by students. People could send in their dreams and have them analyzed. Poems, short stories, series and articles to be read. They could send in and post artwork to share with other students and even teachers. I think that this would be a great idea. However, I would be very inclined to publish the specific vein of work that is strange fiction: scifi, fantasy, gothic and mystery (and all combinations possible of these genres). I would want the students to let their imaginations runs wild.

The disdainful part about this lies in the fact that I may be the only one who would take it seriously, the only one dreaming about it. It would be difficult also to find time to work on it if the team is very small and clandestine. On the other hand, that would mean more control over its contents and its message, as well as more fun and more theme. It ill also have advice sections that help people learn to develop their Wisdom and Intuition organs, because I don't believe in horoscope or tarot reading as veritable means of predicting one's future. It would be fun as well as practical.

I would probably call it Esoterica which comes from the word "esoteric", meaning, understood by a select conclave few (like ancient forbidden texts!). Its motto would be something along the lines of, "Science Fiction, Fantasy and all things Bizarre and Ethereal" (perhaps, until I find a better slogan). The covers could feature photgraphs and art done by students (I go to an art school).

Is my dream too big to come true, or, do I have a chance to make it a reality? I guess that will only be certain if I actually take the initiative to try.

Here's a cool link: www.dreamjournal.net
Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

Back to top Go down

Post by ChicaLuna Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:50 pm

I feel like a big nerd cuz I love books and I love collecting them. I actually work at a library lol. The editorial idea sounds good. We had that at my high school.
ChicaLuna
ChicaLuna

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:41 pm

lucky you, I love books as well, and I wish my school had one. looks like I'll have to make the move then :>
Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:46 pm

~Daydream~ ~Little Miss Lapin~

The young boy Didier wanted to go out to play, so he asked the governess if he could go just out to the back of the house where there was a pond of ducks. The gorverness, Mademoiselle Aurelie told Didier,
"You may go out to play, Didier, but do not run off into the forest. The ducks are nice by the pond, but the ducks from the forest will eat up your soul".
Didier said "thank you!" to the governess, but he knew that once he went outside, he would go into the forest, because his little sister Veronique would not be there to tell on him. Best of all, he could g out and play with the ducks like he always did, and no one would be there to see; they would think that a wild animals had come out and did it...
He ran outside into the vespertine yard, and ran amongst the flowers, and picked them, and threw them, and grabbed the grey pond-ducks by their necks and tossed them as hard as he could against the boulders that watched lazily from the fringes of the forest. He laughed quietly, then he paused. A strange wind crawled out of the dim, dusky forest, carrying with it airs of something frightening.
Didier was drawn in by an unseen force, as if the fear-laden wind was tugging at his soul, pulling its strings, closer, closer to the forest. There, between two black stones, staring back at him, like the eyes of an owl, piercing, was the strangest thing he had ever seen: a rabbit with fur the color of turqoise, with bright, rosey eyes. Didier had never seen such a rabbit, so, to see if maybe he was seeing a ghost, he reached out to touch the rabbit. As his hand drew close, the creature dashed away, deeper into the woods, obscured by the forest's peculiar mist.
The sun began to sink lower in the sky, casting a peachy glow that was caught by the leaves of the tall, dark trees. Didier followed the odd blue rabbit deeper and deeper into the forest until it became very dark, and the smell of loamy soil, vegetation and moss became strong.
The rabbit lured him further until it stopped in a clearing surrounded by dense bushes and giant sized flowers almost as tall as him. Suddenly, the rabbit jumped on him, and in a flash of bright blue light, Didier suddenly felt very strange. He could not feel his hands, nor his feet, nor his legs or arms---at least not as he knew them to be. He could not see anything different except for his surroundings. Everything was much larger than they were only moments ago. The sky suddenly seemed impossibly high, the clouds strangely low. The flowers were more like trees, and the trees were suddenly like giants.
Didier frantically looked around him, and in a rush of fear, he looked for the rabbit, to at least know if he was not alone. He could not see the rabbit. The grass came up to his chin, but he could not feel his chin, as if it had disappeared and receeded into his neck.
Didier got so scared that he tried to fly away---fly, he had wings! He looked at each side of himself by sticking his grey wings out from his sides. He flapped harder, but could not fly, for he had never flown before. Didier then began to run. His feet could not run very well. When he looked down at them, they were shaped oddly, and they were a dark green, and very webbed.
He was suddenly powerless, and unable to do anything right. He tripped over a large stone and crashed into the grass. He knew he would die, and then became angry at himself for following the blue rabbit into the forest in the first place.
Then he felt a shadow fall over him, a cold, dark shadow that blotted out the sun around him, setting him in a pool of shadow.
Though afraid, Didier looked up and saw a giant sized little girl. Not only was she large for a little girl, but her hair was a deep greenish blue, her eyes were a piercing and weird ruby red, and her tiny mouth formed a crescent moon grin. She wore a frilly black dress puffed up with tulle and trimmed with lace. Her sleeve cuffs dangled ribbons, and her nails were very sharp. No one would let their little girls go out with such nails.
The girl, giant and imposing, bent down and wrapped her fingers around Didier's neck, and suddenly he could not breath! He gasped and hasped for breath, but the little girl's grip only tightened.
"Stop! stop! I can't breathe! I just want to go home!" was what he screamed in his head, but only loud, "quack quack!" sounds came out. Didier filled with frustration and wanted to cry and call for his mama, but he could only make duck sounds.
He slowly felt himself convulse with the urge to breathe, and struggled to no avail. The little girl finally released her iron grip, and locked him inside of a black cage that seemed as big as a nursery. He was being dragged deeper into the forest where it became darker. The bats came out, and swooped frighteningly low and close to the cage. He feared that they would squeeze in to suck his blood. The awful sounds of frogs and beetles became very loud. Owl peeked out of their hollows, eyes glowing in the dim vespertine light.
Snakes and rats came out. The snakes attacked and swallowed the rats whole. Didier began to feel cold and all alone, and like a criminal who was about to be executed. He could not figure out why the little girl would want to treat him so badly. All he could see in the dark were the pale white legs of the giant little girl.
Suddenly, he was being brought into a ginormous cave, lit by candles and candles covered with glass globes. The cave was dimly lit. he could make out a chair; he was placed on a circular table in the center of the cave. He circled in his cage, and he could see forks, spoons and knives. He could see a small pink rabbit by the mouth of the cave, and never felt so jealous and so connected to another person in his life. Person? No, he thought. Animal, rabbits are animals--but wait, I am an animal now too aren't I? Didier stared hard at the rabbit, and tried to say, "help me!", but only "ronk ronk!" came out.
Then, the rabbit was gone, free, an ran away into the dark of the forest to join a group of other rabbits just like it. Didier wanted so badly to fall asleep and never wake up. A big ruby-red eye was glaring at him through the cage. The giant little girl had returned, and she tossed the cage, still with him inside of it, onto the floor so that he became so weak and hurt, he wanted to cry but he could only make duck sounds. The giant little girl bent down to open the cage and pull him out by his neck. She shoved him onto the dark engraved wood of the circular center table. She pinned his wings down, and he cried out in pain, and tried to move his legs, but that only made his wings hurt more because he moved.
Then the little girl was peering down at him, and he began to loathe her eyes, not their color, but their authority. He began to loathe that she had hands, she had legs and feet, that she was able to move as she did, and that she was so big compared to him.
Didier stopped making sounds, afraid that worse would come. Just when he thought that he would be spared, the giant little girl with her blue hair and her red eyes picked up a large stone that blotted out the candlelight. He began crying out again.
To his surprise, he could hear his own voice again: "Stop! let me go, please let me go, let me go! I have a mama you know, I have a little sister, I have a papa and I have friends, please please!". Then, as if the giant little girl did not understand what he was saying, she began to giggle, and the sound was the worst thing he had ever heard, not that it sounded strange, but that it was a laugh at his pain and suffering. It was as if the giant little girl did not see him as another human being...Oh, but he was not a human being. He was a duck, and ducks were just ducks. They could be killed anyway.
He recalled all the times he used to kill ducks. The meories were faint misty as if they were just dreams.
Darkness and searing pain enclosed him first, and then he died under the weight and force of the big, heavy stone.

In a creepy cave, in a creature-haunted forest, a little blue bunny with big red eyes hopped down from a circular table where a rock had crushed a silly grey duck. The rabbit bounded off into the dark forest, swallowed up by the nighttime, and went out to find another Naughty Child to punish.

Cautionary Children's Scary-Tale: Don't Be Naughty Tip: Do not hurt innocent creatures.
Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:19 pm

~Journal~ ~I'm a Faeri, Moths in My Tummy!~

I got my dark green wig last night, and wore it for the first time today, and I never felt so, well, manifested! I feel as if my inner self, my true core, was being projected. I'm not allowed to bleach my hair and dye it fun, mystical colors, so my mom buys me the styles that I want, and I treat them like they're my natural hair. I don't know why people are so shocked by wigs, its no big deal, like make-up, fashion or painted nails. Maybe the association with playing, halloween and things of the sort? Ugh, I'm sounding very average right now.

Other than that, I finally finished reading Poe's A Descent into the Maelstrom. I was always too lazy to read that one, though I have a collection of his essential works. Still need to finish Jane Eyre, and I'm teeming with adulation for Lovecraft's equally if not more, Gothic tales. Looking forward to starting Nietzch's philosophy, and reading Faust. I am hungry for some poetry though, and I haven't writtena good poem in a long time, which is deeply vexing.

However, I got to write more for my dark fantasy series---I am working on building the cultural background of the Solunarians. I feel really successful in that area, indubitably. Still, there are many more obscurities to exhume, and punctuality in work production is essential. (Goodness I'm distracted)

Working on an art project for school. Due thursday! How harrowing!

Made eggplant parmesan for dinner, very stuffed.

Felt like I could fly today, like I was about to sprout wings, hope its like that tomorrow. For lunch I had grape leaves (pickled grape leaf rolls stuffed with rice like sushi. A mediterranian food). For breakfast? Goblin Kitchen Earthworm Fungus Stir Fry (I made that up! Goblin Kitchem is my made up "restaurant" and the dish was actually blackened stir fry linguini with chopped mushroom and string beans). I sound like a foodie!

I got really shy around my lovely loli friend's ex gf! She's just really cool and cute and makes me shy -.-. Ah well!

That was horrendously spontaneous.
Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:07 am

I think that wigs are awesome.
Philosophy by Nietzche is very good, what is your favorite idea by Nietzche?

What you do on your project to school?
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:20 am

~Introspections~ ~How Can One Seek Harmony?~

There exists in this world all levels of the variable Intelligence, of smartness, of problem solving, of memory and of the erudited. However, can everyone's mind be measured in value based on people like Einstein, who were born with brains unlike other human beings? No. The answer why is simple. Everyone is on this planet for a different reason, and everyone is different. Someone could memorize a thousand books and still never be happy, because they cannot create their own information, or consult the springs of wisdom for an inwards reflection that can result in them finding the meaning of life.

The world is so intent on measuring and ranking people, that it forgets that we are all individuals, and that there is no standard in the infinite expanse of Time and Life. The World to which I am referring is the world of society/people, not the beautiful and perfect planet Earth. People, the primary Reality that is recognized by the connected societies: Why is it that all over the planet, the people seem to be of the same world? Practicing the same things: Rank, hiearchy, unrest, oppression of others....Name me one country where these things do not exist. Name me one place where Power is not an attainable God-Status.

I wish the world could just be an eternally peaceful, equal place in which everyone is wise, but, that will never happen. It is up to every individual to find that nonexistant world within themselves. That is what we all need to do. We need to find joy and peace and love and integrity and unity on the inside before we every think about trying to put others down or bring them up. The inside is where all things begin and where they must end, to complete a perfect circle.

Embrace the nature of things, of good. We know things are good when they do not hurt people. We know stealing, lying, cheating, murder, rape and antagony are bad because they hurt people. What about the good things? Well, we need to embrace the good things, see the beauty in them, see the beauty in their stance next to the bad things, their radiant contrast. Neither side is black or white, the colors change, but their is harmony. Be as good as you can in a world that is so bad, balance the harmony. Seek peace. Seek internal wisdom, seek love. Seek to be the guide-light in the darkness. Be the faery that lights up in the beauty of the night. Create harmony.

I don't know if anyone will understand what I just wrote, but, either way, it felt good to write it and that's all that really matters.
Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:22 am

KerliPoland wrote:I think that wigs are awesome.
Philosophy by Nietzche is very good, what is your favorite idea by Nietzche?

What you do on your project to school?

I have to design a line of children's wear based on the holiday Thanksgiving. Its pretty fun.

Also, I havent read much of his ideas lately,but I do remember that many of them were just brilliant. thats why I want to buy the book. Things read on the internet are easy to forget, leaving only a residue behind.
Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:52 am

I hope that you will can show your project here Smile
Are you in art school???

Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:23 pm

yes. Its really really cool, however, it sort of made me stop drawing as often as I used to! D:

but now I guess I draw better because of it. hmm....

I like the little video in your signature (I'mn going to buy a collected works of Nietzche pretty soon!)
Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:18 pm

-.- Your vocabulary confuses me. I'm in 7th grade and I'm college level reading. Your vocabulary should not confuse me. URGH.

Anyway, I like the idea of the Gothic faerytale. I might start on that, so you don't have to read your own over and over. Razz

Also, I want wigs, but I would much rather use wash out hair dye. I'm trying to convince my mom to let me put purple in my hair for school tomorrow. I don't think it will work.......

I tried being a vegetarian.... It didn't work out. There are a lot of veggies I just can't put in my mouth. I just can't

I.L.U.
Riley
Riley

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:39 am

thanks, but I must change my video... because on my Internet doesn't work
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:00 pm

Luna wrote:-.- Your vocabulary confuses me. I'm in 7th grade and I'm college level reading. Your vocabulary should not confuse me. URGH.

Anyway, I like the idea of the Gothic faerytale. I might start on that, so you don't have to read your own over and over. Razz

Also, I want wigs, but I would much rather use wash out hair dye. I'm trying to convince my mom to let me put purple in my hair for school tomorrow. I don't think it will work.......

I tried being a vegetarian.... It didn't work out. There are a lot of veggies I just can't put in my mouth. I just can't

I.L.U.

I'm interested to hear your stories :>

and yes, I know a few people who have trouble eating veggies AND fruits. I guess it all depends on the person and how willing they are to become accustomed to it.

also, alot of ppl tell me that my vocabulary is confusing -_- maybe i use alot of old/archaic words that are not used today?

and---about wigs, they are very fun, and if ur allowed to bleach ur hair u r soooo lucky!
Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:12 pm

~Poem~ ~Typical SP.ell~

Standing over you,
Leaning into you
Beaming crimson eyes
Burrow in through you.
Arms and legs are numb
Body's anchored down

Vibrations coming on:
Strange daemonic sounds.
Message in a tongue
Lost to modern man
Permeates your soul
Who rejects every strand.
Unfamilliar visages
Dark archaic dance
Green light of your chamber
In a frozen glance.
Otherworldly song
aethereal cadence
Pins you like iron bars
You're asphixiating.
Evil you can feel
The presences are real
A strange floating eye
Your warmth it steals.
It sits next to your head
It crawls upon your bed
In darkness it reigns
With Fear he'll be fed.
Released from the grip
Drenched in a cold sweat
You turn onto your side
And hope that you forget.

Sleep Paralysis is very scary, and can only be understood thoroughly by those who have suffered from it serially as a disorder. Thank God I don't really get it much anymore at all. This poem combined my experiences with general, typical experiences of others. Hence the name "Typical" SPell.
Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:10 pm

Amaranthus-Myst wrote:
Luna wrote:-.- Your vocabulary confuses me. I'm in 7th grade and I'm college level reading. Your vocabulary should not confuse me. URGH.

I.L.U.

I'm interested to hear your stories :>

and yes, I know a few people who have trouble eating veggies AND fruits. I guess it all depends on the person and how willing they are to become accustomed to it.

also, alot of ppl tell me that my vocabulary is confusing -_- maybe i use alot of old/archaic words that are not used today?

and---about wigs, they are very fun, and if ur allowed to bleach ur hair u r soooo lucky!

A lot of it doesn't require bleaching. You just brush it in, and even if you have dark hair, you just use a brush, and it'll turn all of your hair into that color, and then you can wash it out the next day, and dye it again. But I recommend sleeping on an old towel that you don't mind ruining.
Riley
Riley

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:11 am

ohhh---rinses. My natural hair color is honey-brown that takes colors very well, I used to use that all the time, sometimes the spray and sometimes the semi-permanents. However, to achieve the brighter colors like the teal that my wig is, it was nearly impossible :<

Right now under the wig my pink and blue dye is fading---
after its all gone my mom wont be letting me add any more streaks.
Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:02 pm

Aw. Well Sad to that.

I call them wash out. Cuz well... It washes out... Stupid O know, but ohhhhhhh well.
Riley
Riley

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:45 am

~Day Dream~ Like a Star @ heaven ~Navel Piercing and MoonMarks~

I've always found belly-button piercings so beautiful. The first time I really saw one was on a pretty lady at my mom's friend's house. The lady was young, carrying a baby and showed her belly. My mom did not want me to look at her.

One day I got a fake one from one of those quarter machines. I thought it was really interesting, having a piercing that was hiding under my clothes. I liked the pinch of it, it made it feel a little bit real.

A lot of the characters I drew have navel piercings. Usually 6-pointed stars, crescent moons or hanging jewels. I think of mermaids when I see them. Kerli has a belly button piercing, I think. Maybe I'll go down to the Village and get one (with or without my mom knowing?) cyclops
Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:25 pm

With your mom knowing is the better option... She might get mad when she finds out you have it, and then there is the fact that you didn't tell her.
Riley
Riley

Back to top Go down

Post by EetuJaKeijut Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:35 am

Yeah you should tell her, if you explain yourself well and how much it means to you maybe she'll understand?
EetuJaKeijut
EetuJaKeijut

http://www.myspace.com/epicaaliikaafanittava

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:09 am

maybe you should talking more about it in your mom.. say her like this is important for you
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:34 am

I agree, thanks all of you guys for your suggestions. Yesterday I told her I wanted one, she asked for a reason and I explained it was for personal, artistic self expression. She said I can get one when I turn 18 in a few months. Like a Star @ heaven

I.L.U
Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:02 pm

YAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY! lucky...
Riley
Riley

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:37 am

awww i belive in you
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:06 pm

~Article~ ~Keep Your Chin Up?~

It is very often that one is told that "keeping your chin up" is a way to show self assurance and confidence. But is it true? Do simple bodily gestures really shape and change the way strangers, or even your peers, view you as a person? Can your posture, the way you move your hands and other physical signs be indicators of your personality?

The answer is yes, and I am going to use personal experience to add plausibility to my assertion.

When I was in middle school, my self esteem was at its all time low. I slouched when I walked, hunched my shoulders and always looked up at things and people. I had very low confidence and always felt insecure about myself. This was obvious in the way that I conducted myself. I was phlegmatic, took a long time to answer questions and looked around as if indecisive. People see these traits, especially cowards, and it serves a s red flag for them to "go for the kill".

I was constantly picked on, bullied and talked down on. Slander was spread about me, and students found it deplorably easy to target and belittle me. Even friends took advantage of my soft, unsure nature. For instance, when I was confronted by a large group of students, I shrank away instead of walked towards them. I slouched instead of stood tall. My chin was never up. I nevere looked down my nose at the rude and disgusting children.

On the train and in the city, I was easily targeted by perverts and pedophiles, who never actually got away with very much. I was the timid looking girl who sat in a way that to others, looked open to being communicated with, unreserved and weak. I did not know how to say "no" or just ignore people. One time a man managed to kiss up my face with his rough beard before he had to get off of the train and take off. I did not expect him to do this, but it was my kindness and timidity that gave him the incentive. Another time was when I stood self conciously against a train door and smirked childishly as a man pestered me, trying to "bag me" as they say in New york, which means to woo somebody.

He felt confortable enough to put his hand, his dirty inky dry hand on my head ad scruff my hair. "You got good hair!" he exclaimed, and started to ask about my race. Back then, I thought it was silly and answered the questions out of boredom, as he giggled and acted like an annoying fool.

Today, at school, students are scared to talk to me. Train riders wont dare look at me. Yet, I attract the right kind of people now. Strong, expressive and intelligent people who recognize my straight back, high chin and glaring eyes: It shows that I am not afraid of anyone in my area and that I am paying close attention to my surroundings.

If you find yourself being bothered, bullied or harassed, maybe its because you are carrying yourself in a way that looks "wimpy" or like you have low self esteem. Even if you think you are ugly or weak, you need to look strong to protect yourself from bullies, sex offenders, pests and domineering personalities. Remember, walk around with your back straight, chin up, eyes straight ahead and look people dead in the eyes if they look at you or talk to you. raise your eye brows when someone is rudely staring at you. Sneer when they talk badly. Grin and laugh if they laugh at you. Bullies, or school "bitches" laugh harder if you look sad or curse at them. They love insults, It fuels their reputations as "bitches".

When a group of girls or boys is blatantly talking badly about you, laugh at them and say, "what a bunch of disgusting freaks!" and go about your business. Don't go up to them and say it, just mutter it loudly enough for them to hear and open up a book to read. When other people see this gesture, they assume that you are strong and don't tolerate silly childish antics.

If this advice works for you, let me know. It has worked for me, and I am happy with the people that I socialize with now. I have not been in any situations of being harassed or taken advantage of since using this method. Good luck, and KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!
Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:47 pm

~Wish~ ~Navel Piercing, 3 Corsets (Black, Purple, Teal) and Emilie Autumn's The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls~

I know, its a lengthy wish list, but those are some things that I really do want. I can live without them, there is no doubt regarding that, but it would sure be amazing to have them. This may take up to three years, as I have very little money and don't work yet. When I get a job, I'll be able to pay for my own things. I'm fearful about college because I have no idea where the money will be coming from. This makes me very VERY disappointed by America. In other countries, college is FREE. Yes, and the people who work there do not complain about how much they make.

I wish money didn't make life so marginal, and I wish being rich wasn't necessary to explore the world. Unfortunately, US society favors "survival of the fittest", "dog eat dog" and "love money". It saddens me every day because we should be a grand community of fellow people working together to help each other out, with everyone doing their part. The price for freedom is the slavery of the workers.

In order to see past this reality, I like to view humbler living as better because one can be more appreciative of the simple things in life that are beyond great. I also learned to be patient. Many kids are spoiled and cant wait for anything because they can get it whenever they want. Not me. I learned to appreciate what IS there and to WAIT for what isn't.

I hope that I could one day give back to people in the future. help some people out. I'd be happy with just a few more little things and then do something to give back. Thats how I feel right now. I will wait.
Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:06 pm

Honey, I'm so sorry that now I replay but my life is crazy
Article is the best!!!! I love it and I understand and I see it in my head because I see my life a little
Good luck in your dreams
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Tara Mon May 02, 2011 8:02 pm

I have a bunch of piercings. In order from oldest to newest; three in each ear, nose, tongue, belly button, and labret (under the lip). They are super addictive. If you want your belly button done I can tell you from my experience it didn't hurt much. Just a sting when it goes through the first layer of skin. Just take super good care of it (cleaning wise for the first few weeks because if you don't you can get a serious infection). I love all of mine. I had to wait til I was 18 too, my parents weren't big on the idea but eventually they got over it.Smile
Tara
Tara

https://www.facebook.com/beautiful86strange

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:00 am

~Journal~ ~Paper Dolls, Green Smoothies. Cloth Menstrual Products & Disdain~

It has been a long while since I've been on TableOfLove! So much has changed, so much, but I am back here to let loose and go back to my mystical dreamy side, away from reality. I graduated school and now I realize just how dim the world can seem when you are no longer in a routine of protection and dependence like school. I am very afraid, but at the same time I am a woman who has come a long way i a short number of years. I have seemed to dam my river of wisdom and have been more focused on physical things and mindlessness. Of trying to experience danger just to learn something...I feel like I spent years being an old old lady when I should have been being a girl. But alas, it is too late.

For a while I stopped dreaming, and stopped dreamterpreting. But I began to again, which has been drawing me deeper into my mind again, and I am not liking the dust that has been building up in there. The hidden things, the trash that has been culminating. I've been really depressed sometimes, feeling as though there was no hope, or that there was hope, but i was to low and too tired and just worn out to sieze it. ...

Well, enough about that! Faeries and moonlight, I came here for the faeries and the moonlight!

Now firstly: Paper Dolls!

I love making paper dollies and I now have over 20 fully rendered, fully colored laminated and cut out paper dolls with clothes and wigs galore. There are now 3 sizes available!!!! I want to publish them DIY for free so that everyone can enjoy them as much as I do. I never did get to make Esoterika Editorial, but I still dream of it and will put it in one of my stories Smile you can read ViVeVam here: www.vampirefreaks.com and my profile is MartyredxGynoid

Secondly: Green Smoothies!

I have fallen in love with green smoothies. They are sweetened by delicious fruits but contain everything from potherbs, greens and algea to maitake mushrooms sometimes. They are delicious and estremely good for you. When you enrich your body, you enrich your mind and your soul. I promise that if you do a body clenase, your entire wellbeing will change. You will FEEL different. The body mind and soul are all interconnected. Please, I recommend investing in buying a big jug from your health food store or the organics/fruits section of the supermarket.

Thirdly, Cloth Menstrual Products!

Eco-freiendly, beautiful and empowering, a handmade cloth menstrual pad is my next goal. You will save up eight thousand dollars, save the earth and feel empowered because you will not have to rely on corporations, women! Well, They are washable of course and will last over 7 years. They are made of a pocket shaped like the typical pad, but you put inserts in them for absorbtion. They do not leak and are not filled with harmful chemicals.

And finally, the disdain: I have not written anything publish-worthy so far, but I am working on building a voice and a plan....I am holding on through these times of sadness and despair.

Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:04 pm

~Dream~ ~Traveling the World~

I was with a group of youths like myself and we all went to Japan. In my dream it was like the lower east side of Manhattna, New York, but with japanese gutterpunks on every block. One band was playing outside for some money. I passed one guy in a studded jacket as he was trying to light his cigarette. There was one very crazy boy on my team of travelers. I cant recall much about him though....

I vegan to explore, and I found a big restaurant and looked at the menu. The store front was lime green and there was a pretty woman working there, doll face, black hair, doll bangs. I thought about applying for a job there, then remembered the language barrier. I'm not very fluent in Japanese even though I know alot of it.

Then I was at a graduation ceremony, not for school, but something else, and it was quiet. I saw my friend A who was in my art class back in high school IRL. I was surprised to see her, as I havent heard from her since graduation in June. I ask her about college, I tell her I'm not in college and I'm unemployed, and she seems reluctant to talk about it (I dont know the details IRL). So we decide to go for a walk together, and I realize the neighborhood becomes more unfamilliar, and realize that we're on 106th street and that we're headed uptown NY to where she lives. "Oh man! Ok, A, you can go ahead I have to go back". So I do, we say goodbye I think, and I walk back downtown to The Village.

Thats all I remember Sad
Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:17 pm

~Ruminations~ ~Liddelspeth, Colorful Candles, Moon Maiden~

I made a tiny paperdoll of Liddelspeth, also called Miss Lapin, a little character I made for my faery tales. She is a blue bunny that turns into a little girl with blue hair in a frilly black dress, who likes to play tricks on people, punish evildoers and lead people deep into forests to uncover secrets. She is not someone to trust right away, but to make her trust you is a very special feat. Liddelspeth is sneaky, cunning, clever and alluring. I will put a picture soon!

I made some candle holders using some bottle caps and covers. Colorful candles, pastel green and pastel pink and pastel lavender. I love colorful, scented candles, they are soothing and pretty. Simple joys. I also like to read, write and draw at night without waking anyone up with electric light so candles do suffice.

The Moon Maiden is here, but her visits are short. In due time she will leave, crimson petals dying russet in her wake....

Today I dyed my hair a lovely, deep turquoise. I had bleached the top layer over the summer so I havent been wearing wigs, since I gave in and bleached my hair to dye it the colors I want. I'm still interested in wigs however.

This all sounds so artificial and superficial, but trust me I have been spending alot of time inside myself and sometimes that is the scariest place to be....
Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:37 pm

Like a Star @ heaven It has been such a long time! Like a Star @ heaven

In 1 more day, My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic season 3 will begin, and I made the switch to, uh oh! This might cause a stir. This is a lady-topic so squeamish gentlemen please click out! And, before I talk about that, I just want to say that I am so excited about Breaking Dawn Part 2, I shamelessly admit it~ u.u

~*Sublunary Panospections*~ Omgdash

I made the switch to mooncloth. What is mooncloth? These:
www.lunapads.com
www.partypants.com
www.dominopads.com
www.treehuggerclothpads.com
www.obsidianstar.com.au
www.etsy.com/shop/pinklemonadeshop
www.newmoonpads.com

Just for a start (There are countless more sellers!!!) I went cold turkey and made the swithc abruptly as soon as my cycle began on Halloween. I had already built up a "stash" of about 8 mooncloths. Any fellow moonchildren here have made the switch? I've never been happier!

Other updates are:
Over the summer I had realized my goal of selling art in the city! It was fun but now I am working as a hostess at a bar/restaurant.
I think I might start one or 2 of my novels, but I am still very afraid of messing up No
I tried rice cheese and it is so goooood! so is ice cream by So Delicious, highly recommend!
Have not been doing much art lately, which always scares me! This usually happens when I'm too caught up in "normal life" that I forget about the phantasy worlds still thriving in my head! Hence my desire to write my stories down for real this time.

To Kerli: I am also lactose intolerant! Try ricemilk! Smile

Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

Back to top Go down

Post by stargirlstrike Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:10 pm

Wait, so they're just reusable pads? Huh....

Good luck with selling your art in the city! That sounds awesome. And good luck with your novels as well. This month is National Novel Writing Month Smile
stargirlstrike
stargirlstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:38 pm

thanks Stargirlstrike! It ws very fun to sell art over the summer, nd i look forward to doing it again.
As for the pads, yep they are simply reusable hehe~
so very comfy and nontoxic, the benefits are endless!
As for NNWM, my friend is taking part and is writing her novel i think! I wish her luck and anyone else undertaking such a task!
Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:04 pm

Any one else here like ambient/dark/fantasy music?
Please please PLEASE check out ARTESIA

[img]http://a4.ec-[img]http://a4.ec-

~*Sublunary Panospections*~ L

Get faery clothes here:
http://www.unfurled.zizzyfay.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=228&Itemid=264
Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum