Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meaning of Songs

+6
Krissy
alelokk
Lisadeluxee
out of the hollow
mimi
MoonChildLuis
10 posters

Go down

Meaning of Songs Empty Meaning of Songs

Post by MoonChildLuis Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:33 pm

During Kyte Chats most commonly asked questions are "what is the meaning behind...?". So in order to stop them and give people a good reference I want to have this space be dedicated to the meaning/origin behinds songs not yet posted on kerli.net. If anyone else has recently asked a question like this please post it and hopefully it can be confirmed by mimi or meko and then added to the site.

For example this is something I asked :
Q) What was the meaning and your inspiration for Army of Angels
A) I wanted to write about how angels are around us all the time and if we communicate with them, we realize that we are just as sacred and heavenly.
MoonChildLuis
MoonChildLuis

http://www.myspace.com/siberian777

Back to top Go down

Meaning of Songs Empty Re: Meaning of Songs

Post by Guest Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:58 am

I'd really like to know what the meaning behind the man in the mirror in the Walking on Air video is! I find him so mysterious, and such a big part of the video, but I'm pretty sure she hasn't said anything about his meaning yet...

Last edited by deadkittyxo on Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : aah i can't spell, lol)

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:38 am

that's a good idea Smile
i have tried to put all of them up but i haven't had the chance yet. ill add the army of angels one asap <3

and when kerli has a little more time on her hands ill ask her the man in the mirror thing!
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:14 pm

mimi wrote:that's a good idea Smile
i have tried to put all of them up but i haven't had the chance yet. ill add the army of angels one asap <3

and when kerli has a little more time on her hands ill ask her the man in the mirror thing!

thankyou so much!! ♥️ i've been wondering that since i've seen that video, hahaha... :]

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:47 pm

Another question she answered about Army of Angels:

Kerli, would you please provide us the lyrics for "Army of Angels". I´m asking u, because I don´t understand the final part of the song when you start singing: "You live... You love... You cry... But you´re not alone..." Is this right? Can you explain? You live, you love, you cry,but you're not alone. you breathe to die, I'm here if you don't believe your eyes when your world starts to change, it's real, u fly and you're not on your own.

meaning: during everything in your life, all the happy times and all the sad times, there are angels walking by you. every time you breathe, u get older, that is the most ironic thing about life..breathing actually kills you. I'm here as a friend to tell u that you are not wrong when u witness something beautiful beyond the comprehension of the people around you.
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:20 pm

And kind of about the man in the mirror (?) :

What does the scene in "Walking on Air" symbolize where you go through the mirror and become a marionette?
That marionette thing actually doesn't symbolize anything in this video. I just love dolls and we wanted to create an amazing visual
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisadeluxee Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:30 pm

out of the hollow wrote:And kind of about the man in the mirror (?) :

What does the scene in "Walking on Air" symbolize where you go through the mirror and become a marionette?
That marionette thing actually doesn't symbolize anything in this video. I just love dolls and we wanted to create an amazing visual
That's not really anything to do with the man, that scene is when Kerli goes through the mirror and becomes a doll.

Lisadeluxee

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonChildLuis Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:09 pm

out of the hollow wrote:Another question she answered about Army of Angels:

Kerli, would you please provide us the lyrics for "Army of Angels". I´m asking u, because I don´t understand the final part of the song when you start singing: "You live... You love... You cry... But you´re not alone..." Is this right? Can you explain? You live, you love, you cry,but you're not alone. you breathe to die, I'm here if you don't believe your eyes when your world starts to change, it's real, u fly and you're not on your own.

meaning: during everything in your life, all the happy times and all the sad times, there are angels walking by you. every time you breathe, u get older, that is the most ironic thing about life..breathing actually kills you. I'm here as a friend to tell u that you are not wrong when u witness something beautiful beyond the comprehension of the people around you.

I love the deep meaning of her lyrics, it just takes me somewhere deep within myself
MoonChildLuis
MoonChildLuis

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:59 am

Lisadeluxee wrote:
out of the hollow wrote:And kind of about the man in the mirror (?) :

That's not really anything to do with the man, that scene is when Kerli goes through the mirror and becomes a doll.

Ah ok Smile I wasn't sure, for some reason I was thinking he was a puppet in the mirror too.
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by alelokk Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:56 am

Someone asked about the man? I was going to.
alelokk
alelokk

http://www.formspring.me/alelokk

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:05 am

About Goodbye:

Is goodbye about leaving Estonia? It seems pretty obvious but I'm just making sure haha Smile
No, it's about suicide actually.
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:03 am

guesss that makes sences..Thought so.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by butterflycryx3 Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:17 am

Goodbye is so beautiful. She doesn't even make suicide sound like a bad thing, but something that can be so beautiful. I really understand where she's coming from Smile
butterflycryx3
butterflycryx3

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:28 am

true and same

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:30 pm

yes, this is true :/
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:30 am

So she makes suicide a beautiful thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by loonylovegood Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:49 am

I always thought goodbye was about suicide, and it is a beautiful song, but I still don't think it glorifies the thought of suicide. Its a deep and depressing subject...

But on a different matter, she said that they forgive was about abortion (but could really work for any serious subject) and that the angels have seen our deepest moments and will forgive us.
loonylovegood
loonylovegood

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:14 pm

loonylovegood wrote:I always thought goodbye was about suicide, and it is a beautiful song, but I still don't think it glorifies the thought of suicide. Its a deep and depressing subject...

But on a different matter, she said that they forgive was about abortion (but could really work for any serious subject) and that the angels have seen our deepest moments and will forgive us.

That's very true! I agree very much.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:18 pm

wow! The song is really pretty!

This song will sure to help kids who are thinking about "Death". Mybe make them think again.

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:55 pm

has anybody asked other song meanings? or do you remember any other ones??
mimi
mimi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonChildLuis Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:39 pm

Heres one for Saima: link
Q)Kerli, your music is super inspiring to me and I can' wait for your new album!! I especially love ur unofficial track, Saima. Is that song in particular inspired from a particular experience you had in your childhood in beautiful Estonian forests?

A)Yea, it is. I did this whole thing on my laptop and had a lot of fun recording all the water sounds(by my friends pool) and wind chimes outside my window. I wanted to create like a whole story where these people travel through thick foggy forests and finally get to this magical place where the nymphs call them to get in the calm waters. They sing "tule siia, kallis laps", which means "come here, my dear child", in estonian. I am gonna do many more of these soundtrack-feeling things for my shows and just to give away for free so u guys can just put your headphones on and escape to a different, magical space.

Last edited by MoonChildLuis on Wed May 04, 2011 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
MoonChildLuis
MoonChildLuis

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:28 am

thanks Luis <3
mimi
mimi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:09 am

thats pretty

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonChildLuis Wed May 04, 2011 7:29 am

SuperGirl

Heres an excerpt from her Cambio Rehearsal

"And actually Supergirl is, I put myself in my mother’s body and said things that I’d wish that she would have said to my dad when I was little. I know it sounds a little complicated but Supergirl is actually about domestic abuse, that’s kinda something that I wanted to touch on. I want to send a message to girls that its ok to think that you deserve only the best, you know, and act on it. So, but also learn from the from the negative experiences and you know not beat yourself up over what’s happen but like have a positive self image and like just believe that you deserve the best."

Last edited by MoonChildLuis on Wed May 04, 2011 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
MoonChildLuis
MoonChildLuis

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonChildLuis Wed May 04, 2011 7:34 am

DollFace

Heres the excerpt from her Cambio Rehearsal

"Dollface is actually about wanting to be taken more seriously, as a female, and I think in music business and like just in the world in general I think if you a girl and like if you’re a blond and you dress up, you take care of yourself. Like people don’t want to think that you’re actually really good at any… at your craft too but it’s like I work really hard and I just wanted to write Dollface as a like a female empowerment song. I know my stuff, so give me a chance to kill it you know. So that’s what’s it’s about."
MoonChildLuis
MoonChildLuis

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri May 06, 2011 9:28 am

I thought doll face was about a "guy".

like the meaning of doll face

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by xXxsilentxsorrowxXx09 Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:49 pm

I had no idea goodbye was about suicide! i thought it was about leaving Estonia too! D:
xXxsilentxsorrowxXx09
xXxsilentxsorrowxXx09

http://xxxsilentxsorrowxxx.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down