Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "Books" Project

2 posters

Go down

The "Books" Project Empty The "Books" Project

Post by Poetic Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:45 am

Welcome to an adventure!

An adventure? Here in ToL? What could I possibly be getting at?

I have done some thinking recently, wondering what kinds of fun things we can get going in this forum and this idea haunted me for some time. I wanted it to be something big, something interesting and something inviting to everyone, not just those who reside in this forum, as if fixed here by some ethereal superglue.

What I am getting at is a project called "Books". Sure, that doesn't sound exciting now, but that is because there are going to be several of these in the collection. They will be thematic, paralleling either a season or an event in the MoonChild universe. Each book will be a massive collaboration by all of you, the faithful ToL Forum members. A collaboration of storytelling on a massive scale, either through poetry or prose.

So, what exactly are we asking for?

~ Each story submitted to us we would like to be between 1 and 7 pages long on Microsoft Word, this is required for Short Stories, but it's hard to write such a lengthy poem so it's 100% fine if it doesn't meet the requirements there. Font should be Times Roman, font size 12 with single line spacing. This way, we are guaranteeing everyone equal treatment. I know that these parameters aren't Forum parameters. But, just so everything goes by a common size we'd like you to write on Word and then Copy/Paste it in a PM to me. If you don't have Word then just write in the normal font and font size in the PM.

~Each story is an independent work of literature. It is not to continue the storyline of anything else published in the "Book".

~There are a couple of things to consider and do before submitting your writing.
..........One, you must make sure that you have edited your story as completely as possible. Check your spelling, punctuation, paragraph separation, grammar, and plot.
..........All stories that are for the Book Project are only to be posted in the book. Please do not pre-post them in the forums and make commentary threads about them. We want the first time someone reads those stories to be when they are announced as accepted in the Book Project thread.
..........Stories or poetry must be sent to myself to be put into the book. (Unless Mimi says she'll do it too.) Please make sure that you do this through a PM for the reason above.
..........Please just one story per person, that way you can channel all of your best into one entry.

Our first Book will be The Book of Integrity, Love and Unity. In it will be all the entries from our Potions, even the recipes. This'll give you a taste of what the books are like. We will have one book a month, unless I think we should skip a month. Any questions can be PMed to me. Very Happy

Good luck, and more importantly, have fun!
Poetic
Poetic

Back to top Go down

The "Books" Project Empty Re: The "Books" Project

Post by mimi Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:43 pm

somebody had locked the topic.
opened it and making it sticky!
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Poetic Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:06 pm

We can have it locked, I made a thread to talk about everything and not just the rules and stuff. Here.

I decided to put it all in the Poetry section, since I figured we'd get more poetry than stories. Should I move it here though? It fits in both, so it's hard to tell.
Poetic
Poetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down